In light of the news of the attacks on Ukraine, we would like to extend an opportunity to aid the community of Kharkiv (a city in northeast Ukraine). One of the hospital associates has a spouse who is from this city, and their family is still there. The hospital has been able to send some medical supplies.
In addition, and thanks to the generosity of many others, we have been able to set up a fund through our Hopkins County Healthcare Foundation to raise money and send it directly to aid this city. To donate to this effort, go to Online Giving (christushealth.org) and select ‘Helping Ukraine’ in the dropdown box (Under “Designation” on the form).
Local Fitness Court – Grand Opening
CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Sulphur Springs is a proud supporter of the new local Outdoor Fitness Court located in Pacific Park. Due to the threat of inclement weather, this event was postponed. Please stay tuned for the new date!
Community Health Day
In partnership with CHRISTUS Health, Columbia Lodge #81 held a Community Health Day event on Saturday, March 12, 2022 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the HW Grays Building at Pacific Park. The event was free to all, and included 6 physician speakers and free lab work, as well as a complimentary breakfast. The turnout was great for the first year, and we look forward to making this an annual event. A special thank you to Bryan Vaughn and the Columbia Lodge members for volunteering and organizing a great event.
Hopkins County Healthcare Foundation Lights of Life Gala 2022
The Lights of Life Gala is scheduled for Saturday, April 2, 2022, from 6 p.m. to 12 midnight at the Civic Center. This year’s theme, “Under the Big Top,” reflects our desire for some fun and frivolity after a long season of hardship. The gala promises to be another dazzling evening of fine dining, dancing and bidding on amazing live and silent auction items.
This year’s Lights of Life Gala chairs are fourth generation Hopkins County natives, sisters Markeda Fisher and Kayla Price Mitchell.
Shannon Barker, Foundation Executive Director shared “I am thrilled to be working with Markeda and Kayla. When they arrived as the bearded ladies to reveal the theme, Under the Big Top, I knew we were in good hands! They keep everyone laughing, but also have the experience and relationships to ensure a successful event. Their impressive history and dedication to Hopkins County is evidenced by their past and present community involvement. We are thankful they feel the Healthcare Foundation is a worthy cause to invest their efforts in.”
For more information and sponsorship opportunities, please call the Foundation office at 903-438-4799.
**UPDATED – COVID Vaccine Clinics
CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Sulphur Springs will no longer offer the COVID Vaccine Clinic every Friday morning.
However, as of the week of March 7-11, from 10 a.m. until 3 p.m. daily, Net Health will be back offering Pediatric and Adult COVID vaccines. This vaccine clinic is located at the MMU tents behind the hospital. No appointment is necessary. Subsequently, Net Health will continue to come every four weeks until September to provide COVID vaccines.
Please note the following guidelines:
- Visitors must acquire masks themselves prior to entering our facility; cloth masks are acceptable. Masks must cover both the nose and the mouth. Visitors must remain masked during their time in the hospital.
- An adult must accompany minor-age visitors, be free of symptoms, and able to comply with masking and hygiene expectations throughout the visit.
- Emergency Department entrance open 24/7
- Main Entrance open 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday – Friday
- Gift Shop open
- Visiting hours are 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Types of Visitors:
- COVID receiving aerosol treatments: via tele-visitation only;
- COVID not receiving aerosol treatments: 1 Essential support person for the duration of hospital stay – Essential support person will be given a visible wrist band for identification purposes;
- ICU/ER: 1 Essential support person only;
- All other patients may have 1 Essential support person and 1 visitor (up to 2 persons in room at a time)
- Types of Visitors:
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System includes CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospitals – Tyler, South Tyler, Jacksonville, Winnsboro and Sulphur Springs, the CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Louis and Peaches Owen Heart Hospital – Tyler, CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Rehabilitation Hospital a partner of Encompass Health, Tyler Continue CARE Hospital at CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital, a long-term acute care facility, and CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic. CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic is the area’s preferred multi-specialty medical group, with more than 400 Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers representing 36 specialties in 34 locations serving Northeast Texas across 41 counties. For more information on services available through CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System, visit christustmf.org
- Bed count – 402 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Tyler
- Bed count – 8 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – South Tyler
- Bed count – 25 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Jacksonville
- Bed Count – 96 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Sulphur Springs
- Bed count – 25 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Winnsboro
- Bed count – 94 – CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Rehabilitation Hospital
- Bed count – 96 – CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Louis and Peaches Owen Heart – Tyler
- Bed count – 51 – Tyler Continue CARE Hospital at CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital