By Holly Ragan, Senior Market Development, CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital-Sulphur Springs, [email protected]
Sulphur Springs, Texas, February 28, 2022 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Sulphur Springs has ONE mission: To Extend the Health Ministry of Jesus Christ. In honor of American Heart Month – the month of February – we encourage you to check on your heart!
For a flat rate of $75, you can have a Coronary Calcium Screening. To see if you require a referral and/or to schedule, call our team at 903.438.4543. It could save your life.
Local Fitness Court – Grand Opening
CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Sulphur Springs is a proud supporter of the new local Outdoor Fitness Court located in Pacific Park. Please join us for a ribbon cutting and demonstration on Friday, March 11 at approximately 10 a.m. More information to follow – stay tuned!
Community Health Day
In partnership with CHRISTUS Health, Columbia Lodge #81 invites you to attend an event aimed to build a community that is more secure, productive, healthy, and hopeful. We will have local experts speaking on a variety of health-related topics that will educate and empower community members to take charge of their own health and well-being. The event will be held Saturday, March 12, 2022 from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. at the HW Grays Building at Pacific Park, 413 Beckham Street in Sulphur Springs. This event is free to anyone, and everyone is welcome.
For more information, contact Bryan Vaughn at [email protected].
Hopkins County Healthcare Foundation Lights of Life Gala 2022
The Lights of Life Gala is scheduled for Saturday, April 2, 2022, from 6 p.m. to 12 midnight at the Civic Center. This year’s theme “Under the Big Top” reflects our desire for some fun and frivolity after a long season of hardship. The gala promises to be another dazzling evening of fine dining, dancing and bidding on amazing live and silent auction items.
This year’s Lights of Life Gala chairs are fourth generation Hopkins County natives, sisters Markeda Fisher and Kayla Price Mitchell.
Shannon Barker, Foundation Executive Director shared “I am thrilled to be working with Markeda and Kayla. When they arrived as the bearded ladies to reveal the theme, Under the Big Top, I knew we were in good hands! They keep everyone laughing, but also have the experience and relationships to ensure a successful event. Their impressive history and dedication to Hopkins County is evidenced by their past and present community involvement. We are thankful they feel the Healthcare Foundation is a worthy cause to invest their efforts in.”
For more information and sponsorship opportunities, please call the Foundation office at 903-438-4799.
Carter BloodCare bus will park in the hospital’s front parking lot collecting local blood donations on Tuesday, March 15, 2022, from 9 a.m. until 2 p.m. As a thank you, all donors will receive a stainless steel water bottle while supplies last. To schedule an appointment to donate blood, contact Patricia Wilson at 903.438.4380 or call/text 800.366.2834.
**UPDATED – COVID Vaccine Clinics:
CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Sulphur Springs will no longer offer the COVID Vaccine Clinic every Friday morning. We recommend that you check with your local pharmacy for available vaccines.
- Please note the following guidelines:
- Visitors must acquire masks themselves prior to entering our facility; cloth masks are acceptable. Masks must cover both the nose and the mouth. Visitors must remain masked during their time in the hospital.
- An adult must accompany minor-age visitors, be free of symptoms, and able to comply with masking and hygiene expectations throughout the visit.
- Emergency Department entrance open 24/7
- Main Entrance open 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday – Friday
- Gift Shop open
- Visiting hours are 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Types of Visitors:
- COVID receiving aerosol treatments: via tele-visitation only;
- COVID not receiving aerosol treatments: 1 Essential support person for the duration of hospital stay – Essential support person will be given a visible wrist band for identification purposes;
- ICU/ER: 1 Essential support person only;
- All other patients may have 1 Essential support person and 1 visitor (up to 2 persons in room at a time)
- Types of Visitors:
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System includes CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospitals – Tyler, South Tyler, Jacksonville, Winnsboro and Sulphur Springs, the CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Louis and Peaches Owen Heart Hospital – Tyler, CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Rehabilitation Hospital a partner of Encompass Health, Tyler Continue CARE Hospital at CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital, a long-term acute care facility, and CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic. CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic is the area’s preferred multi-specialty medical group, with more than 400 Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers representing 36 specialties in 34 locations serving Northeast Texas across 41 counties. For more information on services available through CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System, visit christustmf.org
- Bed count – 402 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Tyler
- Bed count – 8 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – South Tyler
- Bed count – 25 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Jacksonville
- Bed Count – 96 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Sulphur Springs
- Bed count – 25 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Winnsboro
- Bed count – 94 – CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Rehabilitation Hospital
- Bed count – 96 – CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Louis and Peaches Owen Heart – Tyler
- Bed count – 51 – Tyler Continue CARE Hospital at CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital