By Butch Burney
As 2021 comes to an end, it is time to get nominations in for those individuals and businesses that have been outstanding this year.
Nominations are being accepted for Citizen of the Year, Woman of the Year, Small and Large Businesses of the Year and other superlative recognitions. The awards will be announced at the Chamber’s membership banquet on Thursday, Feb. 17, at the Hopkins County Civic Center.
Nominations can be sent to [email protected] or mailed to the following addresses:
- Citizen of the Year—Chamber of Commerce—110 Main Street, SS, TX 75482.
- Woman of the Year—Beta Sigma Phi Organization—P.O. Box 72, SS, TX 75483.
- Caregiver of the Year—The Pilot Club—P.O. Box 131, Sulphur Springs, TX 75483.
- Community Pride Award—Adult Leadership Class—110 Main Street, SS, TX 75482.
- Agriculturist of the Year—Hopkins/Rains Counties Farm Bureau— 233 College St., Sulphur Springs 75482.
- Growth and Renewal—DBA—109 Jefferson St. E, SS, TX 75482.
- Outstanding Professional Educator (Administrator, Counselor, Diagnostician, or Teacher)—Chamber of Commerce—110 Main Street, SS, TX 75482.
- Outstanding ParaProfessional Educator (Secretary or Aide)—Chamber of Commerce—110 Main Street, SS, TX 75482.
- Outstanding Auxiliary Educator (Maintenance, Custodial, Transportation, Nurse or Cafeteria)—Chamber of Commerce—110 Main Street, SS, TX 75482.
- Businesses of the Year nominations should be for those businesses which exhibit outstanding community involvement—civic, church, educational, benevolent, humanitarian or other.
- Large Business of the Year—Chamber of Commerce—110 Main Street, SS, TX 75482.
- Small Business of the Year—Chamber of Commerce—110 Main Street, SS, TX 75482.
Work is continuing on the 2022 Hopkins County Chamber of Commerce Directory. We distribute over 7,000 of these directories to visitors, relocation hopefuls, and even hometown heroes who are interested in learning more about our local businesses. They include historical information as well all things to the see and do in Hopkins County. The best part is, they include an alphabetical and categorical listing of your business. LeeAnn Peugh, with Echo Publishing, will be contacting you in the next few weeks to see if you are interested in placing an ad in the directory.
The rates are affordable, and one of the best ways to represent your business. I hope you will consider this a wise investment with over 7,000 opportunities for business exposure. You may also contact the Chamber, and I will pass your information along to her.
Business Before Hours
One Church will be hosting a Business Before Hours on Wednesday, Jan. 5, from 7:30 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. It is a great time to connect with others in the business and social community. There will be breakfast refreshments available. Please make time to join us Jan. 5 at One Church, 1400 Loop 301.
Rythmic Productions Music Company will have a grand opening and ribbon cutting at noon, Friday, Jan. 7, at 1217 South Broadway, Suite Q. Please join us for this event!
Law Enforcement/First Responders Banquet
The annual Law Enforcement/First Responders Banquet is set for Thursday, Jan. 6, at the Hopkins County Regional Civic Center, where we will say “Thank you” to the men and women who serve and protect us on a daily basis. If your business would like to be a sponsor and/or provide a door prize to go to our local heroes, please contact us at 903-885-6515 or [email protected].
The Hopkins County Chamber of Commerce is highlighting a member of the Chamber each week. Please join me in congratulating our Business of the Week for Dec. 29 is Snap Fitness. You can see more photos and read biographical stories at the Hopkins County Chamber of Commerce’s Facebook page and Instagram page.