By Holly Ragan, Senior Market Development, CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital -Sulphur Springs, [email protected]
Flu shots are available at CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic, 105 Medical Plaza. We welcome walk-ins or by appointment; to schedule call 903.885.3181.
Thank you for your patience
Due to COVID-19 cases in Hopkins County, please expect “longer than usual” wait times in the Emergency Department. Rest assured we are doing everything we can to provide high quality care in a timely manner. Thank you in advance for allowing us to provide for your healthcare needs, while extending grace to our staff.
COVID Vaccine Clinics
CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Sulphur Springs will host a COVID Vaccine Clinic every Friday morning from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. in the main lobby of the hospital until further notice. The available vaccines include Moderna (2-doses, ages 18 and older) and Pfizer (2-doses, ages 12 and older) and Johnson & Johnson (1-dose, ages 18 and older). This includes all three brands of boosters for fully vaccinated people. Appointments not required, but a parent or guardian must accompany anyone 17 and younger.
Please note the following guidelines:
- Visitors must acquire masks themselves prior to entering our facility; cloth masks are acceptable. Masks must cover both the nose and the mouth. Visitors must remain masked during their time in the hospital.
- Minor-aged visitors must be accompanied by an adult, be free of symptoms and able to comply with masking and hygiene expectations throughout the visit.
- Emergency Department entrance open 24/7
- Main Entrance open 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday – Friday
- Gift Shop open
- Visiting hours are 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Types of Visitors:
- COVID receiving aerosol treatments: via tele-visitation only.
- COVID not receiving aerosol treatments: 1 Essential support person for the duration of hospital stay. Essential support person will be given a visible wrist band for identification purposes.
- ICU/ER: 1 Essential support person only.
- All other patients may have 1 Essential support person and 1 visitor (up to 2 persons in room at a time).
- Types of Visitors:
Orthopedic | Sports Medicine
FREE Saturday Athletic Injury Clinic for student athletes of all ages continues every Saturday from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. through November 13. Athletes will get an exam and free x-ray to determine a plan of care to treat their injury. The clinic location is CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic Orthopedic Office at 103B Medical Circle in Sulphur Springs.
For more information about our Sports Medicine program, or Orthopedic services, please call our office at 903.885.6688.
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy was first used in the military to treat divers and flyers with ‘the bends’ and altitude sickness. Scientific study has shown benefits of hyperbaric oxygen for many common medical conditions. Diabetic wounds, chronic infections in the bone and failed amputation flaps are common approved indications for hyperbaric oxygen treatment.
Dr. Scott McDearmont is a board certified surgeon with training at UT Southwestern in Dallas and 25-years’ experience. He has recently joined the team at the comprehensive wound healing center at CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital in Sulphur Springs.
“It is extremely gratifying for our team to see the profound results from hyperbaric oxygen treatment. Our patients and their families have sometimes been dealing with these wounds for weeks, months or even years.”
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy functions to deliver a higher concentration of oxygen to tissues. The patient is in a chamber under 2x atmospheric pressure breathing 100% oxygen. This therapy also helps activate substances and proteins in the blood that assist with wound healing.
“We are expanding the ability for our team to offer hyperbaric oxygen treatments here in Sulphur Springs. It is a very exciting time for our patients,” said Dr. McDearmont.
Dr. McDearmont and the team at CHRISTUS are accepting new patients at 115 Airport Road in Sulphur Springs. Ask your health care provider or home health nurse to provide a referral or call 903-438-4670 for an appointment.
CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic Urgent Care Hours of Operation
The CHRISTUS Urgent Care hours of operation are as follows:
- In-Person Care Hours
- Monday- Friday, 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday, closed.
- Virtual Visit Hours
- Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
The Urgent Care is located at 1339 South Broadway St., and the phone number to call is 903.951.1001.
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System includes CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospitals – Tyler, South Tyler, Jacksonville, Winnsboro and Sulphur Springs; the CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Louis and Peaches Owen Heart Hospital – Tyler; CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Rehabilitation Hospital, a partner of Encompass Health; Tyler Continue CARE Hospital at CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital, a long-term acute care facility; and CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic.
CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic is the area’s preferred multi-specialty medical group, with more than 400 Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers representing 36 specialties in 34 locations serving Northeast Texas across 41 counties.
For more information on services available through CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System, visit christustmf.org
- Bed count – 402 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Tyler
- Bed count – 8 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – South Tyler
- Bed count – 25 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Jacksonville
- Bed Count – 96 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Sulphur Springs
- Bed count – 25 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Winnsboro
- Bed count – 94 – CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Rehabilitation Hospital
- Bed count – 96 – CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Louis and Peaches Owen Heart – Tyler
- Bed count – 51 – Tyler Continue CARE Hospital at CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital