By Holly Ragan, Senior Market Development, CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Sulphur Springs, [email protected]
Sulphur Springs, Texas, June 8, 2021 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Sulphur Springs has ONE mission: To Extend the Health Ministry of Jesus Christ.
June is National Men’s Health Month: What better time than now, than to schedule annual screenings such as aphysical exam, blood test and urinalysis, colorectal health, prostate, bone, and heart health. Whether you need to see a Family Practice provider or a specialist, we have you covered! Call us today to schedule these important screening exams at 903.885.3181.
COVID Vaccine Clinics
CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Sulphur Springs will host the following COVID Vaccine Clinic:
- St. James Catholic Church, 297 Texas Street, Sunday, June 27, 2021, from 12:30 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Several of the vaccine brands will be available.
- No appointment required.
Contact Holly Ragan at 903.439.4033 to find out about future vaccine schedules.
Hopkins County Healthcare Foundation
Save the Date
- Designer Handbag Bingo – Thursday, August 12, 6-8 p.m., Hopkins County Civic Center
- Health Care Foundation Golf Tournament – Friday, October 1, Sulphur Springs Country Club
Updates on Funds Raised
The Healthcare Foundation recently gifted the hospital $90,365.23 for the purchase of five new Panda Warmers for the nursery. A note from the department
We have had roughly 250 babies born since we received the new Panda Warmers. We absolutely love them! We have had several NICU babies that have stayed 10-12 days and the new Pandas have been such a blessing.
On behalf of the staff, we are so thankful to have these, and I know the parents love them as well. Everyone especially loves the feature of the built-in scale; we can show the parents their baby’s weight at delivery.— Sarah Mills, BSN, RN
Director of Perinatal Services
Universal Masking Still in Place at all CHRISTUS Facilities
We are asking that all visitors to the hospital bring their own mask, and continue to wear a mask
while present inside the hospital at this time. Thank you for your continued support of the safety
of our patients and associates.
Please note the following guidelines:
- Visitors must acquire masks themselves prior to entering our facility; cloth masks are acceptable.
- Masks must cover both the nose and the mouth.
- Emergency Department entrance open 24/7
- Main Entrance open 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday – Friday
- Gift Shop open
- Visiting hours are 7 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- COVID Unit limited to (1) visitor (age 16 and over)
- ER and ICU limited to (2) visitors
- ALL hospital visitors are required to wear a mask. Visitors should bring their own mask; homemade cloth masks are acceptable.
Effective March 17, 2021
We will no longer restrict the number of visitors per patient, however, we strongly encourage to limit visitors to ONE (1) essential support person and for all other visitors – continue utilizing virtual communication through mobile devices to monitor your loved ones in our care.
CHRISTUS Trinity Orthopedic Clinic is excited to welcome Christopher Lutz, PA-C, our new Orthopedic Physician Assistant. He will work collaboratively with Dr. Chris Meltsakos, Orthopedic Surgeon. Lutz is now accepting new patients at 103B Medical Circle. To schedule an appointment, call 903.885.6688.
Did you know we can take care of almost all of your medical specialty needs right here in Sulphur Springs? Just one of many is our Urologist Dr. Loren Ost, and his Nurse Practitioner Leah Irving. Dr. Ost and Leah see patients who have concerns of the urinary system in both male and females, as well as the reproductive organs of the male. They are located at 113 Airport Road, Suite 300, and may be reached by calling 903.885.1770.
Don’t Delay Care
We want to be perfectly clear – CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances remains a safe place for all
to receive quality care. Go to the Emergency Department or call 9-1-1 if you are urgently ill.
While COVID-19 is new, our processes and procedures in place for infection prevention and
preventing the spread of illness are not. To learn more about COVID-19, go to ChristusTMF.org
CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System includes CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospitals – Tyler, South Tyler, Jacksonville, Winnsboro and Sulphur Springs, the CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Louis and Peaches Owen Heart Hospital – Tyler, CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Rehabilitation Hospital a partner of Encompass Health, Tyler Continue CARE Hospital at CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital, a long- term acute care facility, and CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic. CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic is the area’s preferred multi-specialty medical group, with more than 400 Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers representing 36 specialties in 34 locations serving Northeast Texas across 41 counties. For more information on services available through CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Health System, visit christustmf.org
- Bed count – 402 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Tyler
- Bed count – 8 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – South Tyler
- Bed count – 25 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Jacksonville
- Bed Count – 96 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Sulphur Springs
- Bed count – 25 – CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital – Winnsboro
- Bed count – 94 – CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Rehabilitation Hospital
- Bed count – 96 – CHRISTUS Trinity Mother Frances Louis and Peaches Owen Heart – Tyler
- Bed count – 51 – Tyler Continue CARE Hospital at CHRISTUS Mother Frances Hospital