The Sulphur Springs Senior Citizens Center reopens this week, after being closed for more than a year due to COVID-19 precautions. Thanks to all of the volunteers who continued to donate their time on weekdays to prepare and deliver meals to shut-in elderly and senior adults in the community during the closure.
The Meal A Day Menu for April 12-16, 2021, includes:
- Monday – Beef Spaghetti, Italian Vegetables and Garlic Toast
- Tuesday – King Ranch Casserole, Corn and Pinto Beans
- Wednesday – Meatloaf, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans and a Roll
- Thursday – BBQ Chicken, Macaroni and Cheese, Baked Beans and a Roll
- Friday – Sliced Ham, Potato Salad, Cole Slaw and a Roll
The Sulphur Springs Senior Citizens Center is a place where Senior Citizens age 50 and over can have a good time with old friends and make some new ones. Meal-A-Day is just one service the center provides. The coffee pot is always on and a smile is on each face. The SCC has a full library with all different kinds of reading books that can be taken, read and returned. Take as many as you like and bring some of your books in to share with others. Click here to find more information for seniors citizens.