Although the Sulphur Springs Senior Citizens Center will remain closed through April 4 due to COVID-19, volunteers continue to work weekdays preparing and delivering meals to shut-in elderly and senior adults in the community. The Meal A Day Menu for March 29-April 2, 2021, includes:
- Monday – Chicken Chow Mein On a Bed of Rice, Egg Roll and Oriental Vegetables
- Tuesday – Beef Spaghetti, Italian Vegetables and Garlic Sticks
- Wednesday – Chicken Pot Pie, Pickled Beets and Broccoli with Cheese Sauce
- Thursday – Chicken Fried Steak, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans and a Roll
- Friday – Cheese Burgers, Lettuce Tomato Onion, Pickle Spears, Baked Beans, Potato Chips
The Sulphur Springs Senior Citizens Center is a place where Senior Citizens age 50 and over can have a good time with old friends and make some new ones. Meal-A-Day is just one service the center provides. The coffee pot is always on and a smile is on each face. The SCC has a full library with all different kinds of reading books that can be taken, read and returned. Take as many as you like and bring some of your books in to share with others. Click here to find more information for seniors citizens.