Several local school districts, county buildings and one learning center have notified KSST they are planning for delayed starts to the school day on Thursday, Feb. 11, due to inclement weather, for the safety of students and staff. Two school districts have made the decision to be closed all day Thursday. Other districts are monitoring the situation and will make announcements if any determinations are needed regarding late starts or cancelations.
Below are the latest updates KSST has received so far.
- North Hopkins ISD will be closed Thursday, Feb. 11, Superintendent Darin Jolly reported.
- Cumby ISD will be closed all day Thursday, February 11, according to Superintendent Shelly Slaughter. Information will be posted on Cumby ISD social media accounts and a call out will be made.
- Meal a Day will be closed today for the safety of program cooks and delivery drivers. No deliveries will be made today. Program Director Karon Weatherman encourages those who live near elderly neighbors to check on them.
- Paris Junior College in Paris, Greenville and Sulphur Springs will be closed Thursday due to winter weather, but is scheduled to reopen on Friday, Feb. 12.
- Miller Grove ISD will have a delayed started to the school day on Thursday. Classes will begin at 10 a.m. Feb. 11, with buses running 2 hours later Thursday morning, Superintendent Steve Johnson reported at about 3:15 p.m. Wednesday.
- Sulphur Springs ISD will have a 2 hour delayed start to the school day on Feb. 11. Classes will begin at 10 a.m. Thursday. Buses in SSISD will run two hours later than normal.
- Saltillo ISD will have a late start Feb. 11. Classes will begin at 10 a.m. Thursday. Buses will run at 9 a.m. (2 hours later than normal).
- Little Texans Learning Center will have a delayed start on Thursday. The center will not open until 9 a.m. on Feb. 11.
- Sulphur Bluff ISD is delaying Thursday’s start time to 10 a.m. due to the dropping temperatures and possibility of ice. Buses will run on a two-hour delay Feb. 11.
- All Hopkins County buildings will open at 10 a.m. Feb. 11, in line with public schools, Hopkins County Judge Robert Newsom reported just after 8 p.m. Wednesday. Misdemeanor Court that was scheduled to begin at 9 a.m. Thursday is now slated to begin at 10 a.m. Feb. 11.
- Yantis ISD classes will start at 10 a.m. Thursday due to inclement weather. Buses will run 2 hours later on Feb. 11.
- Texas A&M University-Commerce will be closed until 1 p.m. Thursday, due to inclement weather. A decision for the remaining work day will be communicated by the university before 1 p.m. Feb. 11. The closure includes all business operations except essential services already approved.
If your school or organization is cancelling, delaying or has a scheduling change due to the weather, contact KSST so we can help get the word out.