The Wildcats Soccer Team took care of business Saturday defeating smaller schools North Lamar, Sabine and Mineola in scrimmage games Saturday (December 12) at Gerald Prim Stadium. The Wildcats opened the day’s schedule with a 5-0 win over North Lamar. The Wildcats led 3-0 after the first 25 minute half and scored twice more in the second half. Five different Wildcats scored goals: Alex Yanez, Omar Hernandez, Alejandro Diosdado, Angel Andino and Edgar Salazar. Next the Wildcats topped Sabine, 4-1. Hernandez and Diosdado scored first half goals and Salazar scored twice in the second half. The Wildcats wrapped up the day with a 5-0 win over Mineola. Andino and Yanez scored in the first half. In the second half, Hernandez scored twice including one on a penalty kick and Salazar scored once. Hernandez and Salazar both had 4 total goals on the day with two goals apiece for Yanez, Andino and Diosdado. Wildcats Head Coach Alexi Upton split his team into two groups so everyone could get minutes. Alex Rodriguez and Tai Nguyen split goalkeeping duties. Things get much tougher quickly for the Wildcats. They will scrimmage West Mesquite on the road Monday at 7:15 p.m. The Wranglers are preseason ranked #4 in the region according to TASCO, the Texas Association of Soccer Coaches.
- Jan. 16 COVID-19 Update: 1 Fatality, 17 New Cases, 80 Recoveries
- SSMS Finishes First At 2021 Middle School District OAP Competition
- Woman Arrested On Warrant Hid Methamphetamine In Her Bra
- Woman Jailed On Assault, Controlled Substance Charges Following A Disturbance With Her Roommate
- Three Receive Deferred Adjudication In District Court This Week
- County Road 1100 Suspicious Vehicle Complaint Resulted In Discovery Of Methamphetamine, 2 Arrests