The Wildcats Soccer Team took care of business Saturday defeating smaller schools North Lamar, Sabine and Mineola in scrimmage games Saturday (December 12) at Gerald Prim Stadium. The Wildcats opened the day’s schedule with a 5-0 win over North Lamar. The Wildcats led 3-0 after the first 25 minute half and scored twice more in the second half. Five different Wildcats scored goals: Alex Yanez, Omar Hernandez, Alejandro Diosdado, Angel Andino and Edgar Salazar. Next the Wildcats topped Sabine, 4-1. Hernandez and Diosdado scored first half goals and Salazar scored twice in the second half. The Wildcats wrapped up the day with a 5-0 win over Mineola. Andino and Yanez scored in the first half. In the second half, Hernandez scored twice including one on a penalty kick and Salazar scored once. Hernandez and Salazar both had 4 total goals on the day with two goals apiece for Yanez, Andino and Diosdado. Wildcats Head Coach Alexi Upton split his team into two groups so everyone could get minutes. Alex Rodriguez and Tai Nguyen split goalkeeping duties. Things get much tougher quickly for the Wildcats. They will scrimmage West Mesquite on the road Monday at 7:15 p.m. The Wranglers are preseason ranked #4 in the region according to TASCO, the Texas Association of Soccer Coaches.
- Hopkins County Woman Earns Royal Ms. Elite US United Title
- Travel Tuesday: Atlas World Navigator Set Sail August 4
- Chamber Connection – August 3
- Residents Discuss What To Do Next In Fight Against Planned Dike Solar Plant
- Team Tennis Schedule Released by Coach Tony Martinez
- A&M-Commerce Recognized with Vetted Teacher Residency Distinction