Going into the fourth quarter, the Wildcats Basketball Team trailed Mesquite Horn, 33-30 but they outscored the Jaguars, 22-10 in the final quarter to take a 52-43 win Saturday afternoon (December 12) in the Main Gym at Sulphur Springs High School. Contributing in the big quarter for he Wildcats were Lamodrick Johnson, Kordrick Turner, Caleb Alexander and Justin Haire. During the first three quarters, both teams exchanged the lead in a tight game. The Wildcats led 12-7 after the first quarter but their lead was trimmed to one, 18-17 at halftime. The Wildcats were led by Alexander, who hit three 3-pointers, and scored 13 points. Johnson has 12 points. Turner hit a three point shot and had 10 points. Haire had 9 points. Boo Wilkerson had two three-pointers for 6 points. Jake Whisenhunt had 2 points. Horn’s Sean Moning led all scorers with 15 points. The Wildcats have won two games in a row and their season record is now 7-4. Next the Wildcats will face the toughest team they have seen this season on the road. They play Dallas Faith Family Academy in Oak Cliff Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. Faith Family, a two time state champion, is currently ranked #1 in Class 4A and their only losses this year are to highly ranked Class 6A teams.
Home » Headlines » Wildcats Basketball Team Rallies in the Fourth Quarter to Defeat Mesquite Horn, 52-43
- Chamber Connection – August 3
- Residents Discuss What To Do Next In Fight Against Planned Dike Solar Plant
- Team Tennis Schedule Released by Coach Tony Martinez
- A&M-Commerce Recognized with Vetted Teacher Residency Distinction
- Paris SBDC Offering Training to Assist Restaurants, Other Businesses
- CHRISTUS Sulphur Springs Hosts COVID Vaccine Clinic Fridays in Hospital Lobby, Blood Drive Aug. 18 In Front Parking Lot