Going into the fourth quarter, the Wildcats Basketball Team trailed Mesquite Horn, 33-30 but they outscored the Jaguars, 22-10 in the final quarter to take a 52-43 win Saturday afternoon (December 12) in the Main Gym at Sulphur Springs High School. Contributing in the big quarter for he Wildcats were Lamodrick Johnson, Kordrick Turner, Caleb Alexander and Justin Haire. During the first three quarters, both teams exchanged the lead in a tight game. The Wildcats led 12-7 after the first quarter but their lead was trimmed to one, 18-17 at halftime. The Wildcats were led by Alexander, who hit three 3-pointers, and scored 13 points. Johnson has 12 points. Turner hit a three point shot and had 10 points. Haire had 9 points. Boo Wilkerson had two three-pointers for 6 points. Jake Whisenhunt had 2 points. Horn’s Sean Moning led all scorers with 15 points. The Wildcats have won two games in a row and their season record is now 7-4. Next the Wildcats will face the toughest team they have seen this season on the road. They play Dallas Faith Family Academy in Oak Cliff Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. Faith Family, a two time state champion, is currently ranked #1 in Class 4A and their only losses this year are to highly ranked Class 6A teams.
Home » Headlines » Wildcats Basketball Team Rallies in the Fourth Quarter to Defeat Mesquite Horn, 52-43
- Telios Hosts Pine Forest Solar Safety Meeting For County Emergency Responders, Officials
- Marijuana, THC And Prescription Pills Found During I-30 Traffic Stops
- Greenville Man Jailed On Controlled Substance Charge Following Hillcrest Drive Crash
- Two Former Wildcats Players Have Selected New Basketball Homes
- Wildcats Golfer Kip Childress Completes Day One of Regional Golf Tourney With Score of 78
- Mistrial Declared In Voyeurism, Home Burglary Cases