The Lady Cats Soccer Team got a solid scrimmage win over a well regarded opponent Monday night (December 28) on the road. The Lady Cats topped North Forney, 3-1 in Forney. The Lady Falcons are preseason ranked #10 in Region II in Class 5A according to the Texas Soccer Coaches Association poll. The Lady Cats’ first goal was scored by freshman Anna Williams. It was an unassisted goal. Junior Katelyn Robinson scored the Lady Cats’ second goal assisted by sophomore Isabelle Thesing. Sophomore Rebekah Stanley had the Lady Cats’ third goal with the assist going to senior Janine Yamaguchi. Lady Cats Coach Javier Aguayo said the varsity had a very good game. He said an intense first half ended in a 0-0 tie. He said the Lady Cats had plenty of chances to score. Coach Aguayo said thankfully during the second half the Lady Cats were able to take care of business and put three in the back of the net. He said he was very pleased with the way the Lady Cats played. The Lady Cats complete their scrimmage portion of the schedule with an Alumni Scrimmage Saturday. The Lady Cats JV will play the Alumna at 2 p.m. The varsity will face the former Lady Cats beginning at 3:30 p.m. Both games are at Gerald Prim Stadium.
Wildcat Football On KSST
- Start Making Your Own Outdoor Memories At Cooper Lake State Park
- Snowflake Campaign Is A Flurry of Activity
- Meal-A-Day Needs Thursday Cook, Wednesday Driver/Delivery Person
- Texas Sidewalks and Bike Lanes Receive Funding
- Lions Club Lighted Christmas Parade Still Scheduled Friday Night
- SSHS Choir Sending 12 To TMEA Area Contest