Sulphur Springs Cross Country Coach Ross Hicks is hoping he will have all of his varsity runners available Monday (October 26) as the Wildcats and Lady Cats will compete at the District 15-5A Cross Country Championship at Mount Pleasant. Coach Hicks says if he has all of his runners available, it will be one of the first times all season. He says in his past four years in Sulphur Springs, both the Wildcats and Lady Cats have qualified for regional competition at the district meet. The task will be harder this year. In an attempt to reduce the size of the regional meet, the UIL has ruled that only the top two finishers at the district meet qualify. In the past, the top three advanced. Coach Hicks says he is confident that both of his teams can qualify and he adds he believes both teams can compete for a district championship. He says the Lady Cats have not won district in quite a few years. Coach Hicks says the Lady Cats have a great opportunity this year but he says host Mount Pleasant and Hallsville will provide quite a challenge. He says the Wildcats have been fighting all season long and he says it will take their best run of the season to qualify. The Wildcats won a district championship two years ago. Coach Hicks says both teams are very familiar with the Mount Pleasant course. He says his teams’ training has been geared toward running well at this race.
- Michael Wess Jordan
- The Lady Cats Basketball Team Evens Season Record With Home Win Tuesday Over Mineola
- Wood County Sheriff’s Report For Nov. 18-23, 2020
- Lady Cats Volleyball Team Hits Another Second Round Roadblock In 3-0 Area Loss to North Forney
- Please Remember Your Local Business When Shopping This Season
- Lake Country CASA Benefits From Alliance Bank Donation