Thursday (July 23) KSST reported that The Edge conditioning program came to an end two days early Thursday for football. They will be off until they resume strength, conditioning and skill work in the late afternoon and evening on Monday, August 10. The first day for practice is Monday, September 7. Several other coaches have shared with KSST their plans. Lady Cats Volleyball Coach Bailey Dorner says The Edge is over for her players. She too will resume strength, conditioning and skill work on August 10 with the first day for volleyball practice on September 7. First volleyball matches can be played as of September 14. They can’t play tournaments this year. Lady Cats Basketball Coach Brittany Tisdell says The Edge has also ended for Lady Cats basketball players. They will resume on the first day of official practice on Wednesday, October 21. Basketball will not be able to participate in showcases or tournaments this season. Wildcats Team Tennis Coach Tony Martinez says he concluded The Edge Thursday evening at the Wildcat Tennis Center. He too will resume strength, conditioning and skill work on August 10. Coach Martinez says his team’s first match will be on Tuesday, September 8. Wildcats Soccer Coach Alexi Upton had The Edge on Friday (July 24) and it will continue all next week. He will be able to meet with his team during the athletic period once school starts in Sulphur Springs on Tuesday, September 1. Practice can begin for soccer on Monday, November 30. Scrimmages can start on Thursday, December 10 with the first real soccer games can be played beginning January 2.
- 14 SSISD Personnel Changes Approved By Trustees
- 381 Agreement Request From J-B Weld Does Not Receive Approval of Commissioners Court
- Trading Post for August 11, 2020
- Proposed Budget Includes 2 Percent Pay Increase For All Hopkins County Employees, Elected Officials
- Aug. 10 COVID-19 Update: 3 New Cases, 5 Recoveries Among Hopkins County Residents
- Geoffrey Stewart Awarded Janie Crump Memorial 4-H Scholarship
Ye Olde KSST Poll
Public Schools in Hopkins County should reopen this fall
- No (39%)
- Yes (34%)
- I have no idea what is best. (16%)
- If they don't.. I want a school tax refund! (11%)
Thanks for voting!