Thursday (July 23) KSST reported that The Edge conditioning program came to an end two days early Thursday for football. They will be off until they resume strength, conditioning and skill work in the late afternoon and evening on Monday, August 10. The first day for practice is Monday, September 7. Several other coaches have shared with KSST their plans. Lady Cats Volleyball Coach Bailey Dorner says The Edge is over for her players. She too will resume strength, conditioning and skill work on August 10 with the first day for volleyball practice on September 7. First volleyball matches can be played as of September 14. They can’t play tournaments this year. Lady Cats Basketball Coach Brittany Tisdell says The Edge has also ended for Lady Cats basketball players. They will resume on the first day of official practice on Wednesday, October 21. Basketball will not be able to participate in showcases or tournaments this season. Wildcats Team Tennis Coach Tony Martinez says he concluded The Edge Thursday evening at the Wildcat Tennis Center. He too will resume strength, conditioning and skill work on August 10. Coach Martinez says his team’s first match will be on Tuesday, September 8. Wildcats Soccer Coach Alexi Upton had The Edge on Friday (July 24) and it will continue all next week. He will be able to meet with his team during the athletic period once school starts in Sulphur Springs on Tuesday, September 1. Practice can begin for soccer on Monday, November 30. Scrimmages can start on Thursday, December 10 with the first real soccer games can be played beginning January 2.
- Short-Handed Wildcats Pull Out Dramatic, Come-From-Behind Victory Tuesday in 3-2 District Win
- Wildcats Team Tennis Wraps Up District Play With 18-1 Win at Marshall, Playoffs Next
- Hopkins County Oct. 20 COVID-19 Update: 2 Additional Nursing Home Deaths Reported
- Updates Given On SSISD COVID-19 Cases, Enrollment
- At Sulphur Springs Country Club Golf Tourneys Monday, Wildcats Take 1st and Lady Cats are 2nd
- Lady Cats Volleyball and Wildcats Team Tennis Have District matches on Tuesday Game Day