You might say Dave Campbell’s Texas Football magazine is bullish on the Cumby Trojans. They pick the Trojans to win their District 9-2A in Division II this fall. Cumby, under new head coach Charles Boles, is in the same district with Clarksville, Simms Bowie, Maud, Detroit and Quinlan Boles. The Trojans have 23 returning lettermen off of a team that finished with an 8-4 record and were an area finalist last season. Cumby returns 5 starters on both offense and defense. Cumby running back Jacob Demidio, who gained 1432 yards last season, was selected by Texas Football as the district’s Preseason MVP. He is also on the magazine’s Cumby players to watch list along with running back Keagan McCollum, offensive lineman and linebacker Jacob Groves, wide receiver and defensive back Justin Demidio and wide receiver and defensive back Colton Lindsay. Listed as the Trojans top junior is wide receiver and defensive back Fabian Camargo and their top sophomore is said to be linebacker and running back Logan Butler. McCollum and Jacob Demidio are expected to give the Trojans a strong 1-2 punch at running back. Justin Demidio is the top returning tackler for the Trojans. Should be an interesting year for the Trojans.
- 27th COVID-19 Fatality Reported On Oct. 24 For Hopkins County
- Hohenberger, Brantley, Juarez Receive Top Hopkins County Stew Contest Awards
- Early Morning Disturbance Complaint Results In 2 Intoxication Arrests
- Heroin, Pills, Marijuana Found During Warrant Arrest
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of October 26, 2020
- Tire Town’s Mike Gilmer Featured in Radio Ink Magazine As Longtime Local Radio Advertiser on KSST