The Senior Citizens Center may be temporarily closed due to COVID-19, but the dedicated Meal A Day volunteers continue to work five days a week preparing and delivering meals to shut-in elderly in the community. The Meal A Day menu for April 20-24, 2020, includes:
- Monday – Steak Fingers with Pepper Gravy, Mashed Potatoes, Green Beans and a Roll
- Tuesday – Cheesy Ham and Potato Casserole, Candied Baby Carrots and Brussels Sprouts
- Wednesday – Spaghetti and Meatballs, Providence Vegetables and Garlic Bread
- Thursday – Hobo Sandwiches, California Blend Vegetables and a Roll
- Friday – Hopkins County Stew, Crackers and Cheese Cubes
The Sulphur Springs Senior Citizens Center is a place where Senior Citizens age 50 and over can have a good time with old friends and make some new ones. Meal-A-Day is just one service the center provides. The coffee pot is always on and a smile is on each face. The SCC has a full library with all different kinds of reading books that can be taken, read and returned. Take as many as you like and bring some of your books in to share with others. Click here to find more information for seniors citizens.