from Garry Schnabel, PSC Board Chairman
We are sorry to report that we are postponing our 2020 Lake Fork Challenge event so as not to exacerbate the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Like most, we have been monitoring the spread of the virus and following closely the recommendations of the President, his team of advisors and CDC. While we realize that up to this point the incidence of the disease has been low within our geographical area, we feel this step is necessary to help with the containment program our country has undertaken. The health and safety of each and every one involved is our primary concern; the funds we raise for our cause is purely secondary.
Since it cannot be predicted how long this virus issue will last, we are postponing this event until the spring of 2021. We will advise all as to the exact date of our event as soon as we check out major events already scheduled at that time, but for planning purposes, expect it to be close to the same time period as this year’s event. We will post updates on our website and Facebook page and continue to recognize all medal and team sponsors already paid as 2021 sponsors.
We thank everyone impacted for your patience and understanding as we all work through this critical health issue.