To say that Wildcats Soccer Coach Alexi Upton was pleased with the Wildcats 3-0 home win over Lindale at Gerald Prim Stadium Monday night (March 2) would be an understatement. He referred to the win as the first time the Wildcats have played a complete game this season. Coach Upton said the Wildcats played great defense and offense where they put away their scoring chances. He said he is proud of his team. The Wildcats are 6-1 in district play and 12-5-5 for the season. Coach Upton said barring catastrophe, the Wildcats appear to have second place in district locked up. Monday night marked the seventh shutout for the Wildcats goalkeeping duo of Noe Ponce and Eleazar Brena. Coach Upton promises them a treat if they get up to ten. The Wildcats first goal of the game Monday was a blistering shot into the net from 30 yards out from Jose Salazar, his first goal of the season. Kevin Yanez also had a free kick for a goal from about 30 yards away. Alejandro Diasdado also scored a goal after an assist from freshman Uriel Santacruz. Next for the Wildcats is their rematch with Mount Pleasant, the only district team to defeat the Wildcats this season. Coach Upton noted there are still some scenarios where the Wildcats can win the district title if they can top the Tigers Friday night in Mount Pleasant.
Home » Headlines » Wildcats Soccer Coach Alexi Upton Calls Lindale Win at Home First Complete Game of the Season
- Social Security Recipients Will Automatically Receive Economic Impact Payments
- TEA: State Accountability, Testing Waived For All Districts, Campuses
- Express Transport Offering Elderly Care Packages For Those In Need
- Collin County Man Held On Warrants For Alleged Child Sex Crimes In Hopkins County
- Dike Teen Accused Of Making False Report To Sheriff’s Officers
- COVID-19 Update: 3 Positive Cases, 41 Negative, 32 Tests Pending For Hopkins County
Ye Olde KSST Poll
I agree with KSST's analysis of the March 8th, 2020 'Boom'.. Choose all that apply.
- Could not have done better myself (44%)
- 100% (22%)
- Oh yea! (22%)
- Exactly my thought! (11%)
Thanks for voting!