The Lady Cats Soccer Team picked up a win in their last game Friday (February 7) before the start of district play on Tuesday night. Friday the Lady Cats won at Gerald Prim Stadium, 2-1 over Nevada Community. The Lady Cats won despite missing several other opportunities to score. Freshman Rebekah Stanley continued to impress as she had a goal after an assist from Janine Yamaguchi. Haley Robinson also added an unassisted goal. Coach Aguayo said the Lady Cats played great and controlled the game. He added Community Coach Macy Hurley, a former Lady Cats and UT-Tyler goalkeeper, is doing a good job at Community. He said the Lady Braves also had several very good players. Coach Aguayo promoted three JV players to the varsity and he said they all played well. He said the Lady Cats defense made no mistakes. From what he can determine, Coach Aguayo said the Lady Cats first two district opponents have struggled to win so far this season. The Lady Cats host Greenville Tuesday night and Lindale Friday night. Coach Aguayo said the Lady Cats are beginning to play better now and he added he is very proud of them.
Home » Headlines » Lady Cats Soccer Coach Javier Aguayo Sees Possibility of a Good Start in District Play
- Aiguier Cemetery Association Officers, Perpetual Care Board Elected
- Senator Hall Gives Update On How Priorities, Bills Fared During 87th Legislative Session
- Hopkins County Records – June 11, 2021
- Wildcats Basketball, Lady Cats Basketball and Lady Cats Volleyball Begin The Edge Monday
- Wildcats 7 on 7 Football Team is at State Qualifier Tournament in Tyler Saturday
- Local Filmmaker Ashley Fordinal; Her RAAM Project Titled “From Ashes We Rise” Will Inspire and Motivate