Lady Cats Soccer Coach Javier Aguayo said his Lady Cats played well this past weekend (January 16-17) in the Terrell Tiger Winter Blast Soccer Tournament. The Lady Cats lost to host Terrell, 1-0 but defeated Athens, 1-0 and Seagoville, 17-0. Coach Aguayo said after a rocky first half against Athens, the Lady Cats dominated the second half and got a goal from Rebekah Stanley. He said Stanley kicked a knuckle ball at the Athens’ goal keeper that she could not handle. Coach Aguayo said the Lady Cats also had a tough first half against Terrell. He said a defensive mistake resulted in a Lady Tiger goal. He said again the Lady Cats played a dominating second half but could not score. Coach Aguayo said near the end, Stanley had a free kick and just missed scoring grazing the goalpost. Coach Aguayo said Friday against Seagoville, the Lady Cats needed to score 13 goals and they needed Athens to defeat Terrell to qualify for the tourney championship game. The Lady Cats got 17 goals but did not make the championship game when Athens and Terrell tied. The Lady Cats travel to Pittsburg to play the Lady Pirates Tuesday night. There will be a JV contest at 5:30 p.m. with the varsity contest at 7:15 p.m. The Lady Cats come into the game with a 2-4-1 season record.
Home » Headlines » Lady Cats Soccer Team Takes Two of Three Games in Terrell Tourney, Plays at Pittsburg Tuesday Night
- H C Historical Society ‘Style Show’ and Brunch Was a Fun Fundraiser for Heritage Park
- SSHS 2021 Homecoming Pre-Game Recognition
- Wildcats Football Team Loses Track Meet With Crandall Lions on Homecoming
- Watch the Wildcats Live on Homecoming Night!
- Information From the Truck Driving Class at the Paris Junior College Sulphur Springs Campus
- Man Arrested In 2017 For Smuggling People Into The Country Is Back In Hopkins County Jail On Warrants