After the long off season, the Wildcats Soccer Team began practice Monday (December 2) officially. Coach Alexi Upton says the first three days of practice are big ones for Wildcats JV players trying to impress him so they can land a spot on the varsity. He says a ton of players will be trying out. Coach Upton says the Wildcats have done a good job working on their conditioning so that is not expected to be a big point of emphasis in early practices. He says mainly the team will be working to get better. Coach Upton says that will be important considering that the Wildcats play lots of ranked opponents. He says the team will work a lot on tactics and situational soccer. He says he is very optimistic about the potential of this year’s team. Coach Upton believes the Wildcats have the players to challenge Mount Pleasant like never before. Coach Upton is assisted by Coach Salvador Mejia. The Wildcats play their first scrimmage on Saturday, December 14 at Gerald Prim Stadium. The Wildcats will scrimmage Mount Pleasant Chapel Hill, Sabine and Mineola. They open the season on January 2 in the prestigious Frisco ISD Dr. Pink Varsity Soccer Tournament.
Home » Community Events » Wildcats Soccer Coach Alexi Upton is Excited By First Day of Practice Monday
- SSMS One Act Play Cast Wins 2nd Place Honors
- SSHS' Mindy Meador Among 3 Finalists For TCEA Librarian/Media Specialist Of The Year Honors
- Miller Grove, Saltillo Cross Country Winners Honored For Athletic Prowess
- 12 SSHS Choir Students Compete At Pre-Area Contest, 4 Advance To Area
- Lady Cats Basketball Team Goes 1-3 in Tough Glen Rose Tournament
- Wildcats Basketball Team Now Ranked #3 in State After Strong Week Last Week
- Saltillo Lady Lions Take Fourth Place in Dodd City Tournament
- Channel 18 News: Monday, December 9, 2019
- Jerry Burchfield
- Donna Kay Brinlee Benson
Ye Olde KSST Poll
Parking in Downtown Sulphur Springs...
- Will never be exactly what everyone wants. (71%)
- Huge issue, we must do something. (15%)
- We need a parking garage! (7%)
- Not an issue, leave it be. (6%)
- I don't have an opinion. (1%)
Thanks for voting!