The #5 ranked Wildcats Basketball Team is back on the home court on this game day Tuesday (December 3) facing an unbeaten and ranked Paris team. Paris has opened the season 4-0 and they are ranked #17 in Class 4A according to the Texas Association of Basketball Coaches Poll. The Wildcats are 3-1. There will be a freshman game at 5 p.m., a JV contest at 6:15 p.m. with the varsity game to follow at around 7:30 p.m. Wildcats Basketball Coach Clark Cipoletta says Paris is really good and their veteran head coach Billy Mack Steed is one of the best coaches in the area, who has had a winning program for a long time. Coach Cipoletta says games between Sulphur Springs and Paris are usually close ones even when one school is down and the other is up. He adds both teams appear to be pretty good this year. Coach Cipoletta says Paris is an athletic as they come and is one of the most athletic Paris teams he’s seen in a long time. He says the Wildcats will have their hands full with a Paris team that plays hard. As usual Coach Cipoletta says the Wildcats have a big target on their back, which makes teams give them their best game. He says if the Wildcats don’t respond, they will get down quickly. He says the Wildcats have to come out focused, dictate the tempo and play our style of basketball. KSST Radio will have the Wildcats and Paris game Tuesday night with live video streaming and live audio streaming. The game will also be videotaped for replay later on Channel 18 on Suddenlink Cable. The game will also be posted to YouTube.
- 3 New COVID-19 Cases, 6 Recoveries Reported For Hopkins County On Aug. 8
- Hopkins County GOP Hosts Executive Meeting To Select Republic Nomination For Congressional District 4
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of August 10, 2020
- SSHS Back To School Device Prep Slated Aug. 24-28
- Monday Designated For Yantis ISD Schedule, Technology Pick Up
- Jerry Hooker
Ye Olde KSST Poll
Public Schools in Hopkins County should reopen this fall
- No (39%)
- Yes (34%)
- I have no idea what is best. (16%)
- If they don't.. I want a school tax refund! (11%)
Thanks for voting!