Wildcats Basketball Coach Clark Cipoletta says Port Allen, Louisiana is a really good team. The Pelicans topped the Wildcats, 60-50 Saturday (November 30) in the Duncanville HoopFest. Coach Cipoletta says the showcase drew some of the best teams in the country adding the the Wildcats got a great opportunity by being invited to the event. He says the Wildcats started out slowly and fell into a 23-10 hole after the first quarter. Coach Cipoletta says the Wildcats won the last three quarters but not by enough to overcome the slow start. He says the Pelicans hit some big shots but he says the Wildcats did not come out with the focus and energy level needed. He says Port Allen took control of the game. Coach Cipoletta says the Wildcats are not built to come from way behind. He says they do better building a lead and holding on to it. Coach Cipoletta says overall the Wildcats did not play well as a group. He did say Lamodrick Johnson played under control and Day Day Hall had some good moments inside. His bottom line is that the Wildcats offense and defense Saturday was far from where they needed to be. If there is any benefit to taking a loss, Coach Cipoletta says it may convince the Wildcats that they are not invincible. He says the Wildcats will get everyone’s best game and he adds no one will be overlooking them. The Wildcats, now ranked #5 in Class 5A, play Paris Tuesday night at home. The Wildcats are 3-1 for the season. Paris, ranked #17 in Class 4A, is 4-0 for the season.
Home » Community Events » Wildcats Basketball Coach Clark Cipoletta Says Team Got Off to a Slow Start in Loss Saturday
- Wildcats Soccer Team Dominates Action But Has to Settle for 0-0 Tie at The Prim Tuesday Night
- Lady Cats Soccer Team Has Second Straight Rout, This One at Pittsburg Tuesday Night
- Miller Grove Hornets and Lady Hornets Get Wins Over Fruitvale Tuesday
- Saltillo Lady Lions Win District Battle for First Place at Home Tuesday Night
- Investigation Of Possible Gravel Scam Results In Warrant Arrest
- Channel 18 News: Wednesday, January 22, 2020
Ye Olde KSST Poll
Large solar farms in rural areas of North East Texas are...
- A terrible idea! (40%)
- A great idea! (34%)
- fishy... very fishy.... (14%)
- I don't care one way or the other. (13%)
Thanks for voting!