The Saltillo Lady Lions Basketball Team, ranked #16 in Class A, ended up in fourth place in the Craig Reed Invitational at Dodd City this past weekend. On Saturday (December 6), the Lady Lions lost a game for third place to Gunter, 42-36 Gunter led only 8-6 after the first quarter and 23-17 at the half, Both teams scored 19 points in the second half. For the Lady Lions, Chandler Bain led the team with 9 points, Anna Reeder and Brittney Peeples had 8 points each, Maddy Smith scored 6 points, Kristina Wade had 4 points and Julianna Giles added 1 point. Lady Lions Coach Bill Giles said his team got better during this tournament and added they played some good teams. He said even in the losses, the Lady Lions improved. Coach Giles said his team gets more out of losing to really good teams than they do blowing out poor teams. The Lady Lions season record is now 11-6. The Lady Lions play Lone Oak Tuesday in Saltillo with a JV game at 4:15 p.m. with a varsity game to follow.
- Patricia Ruth Burchwell
- Scrap Metal Collected At 3 Precinct Barns Will Benefit Volunteer Fire Departments
- Wood County Sheriff’s Report, January 8-14, 2020
- Wildcats Soccer Shuts Out Mesquite
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of Jan. 27, 2020
- Investigation Of Suspicious Activity Results In Odessa Woman's Arrest
Ye Olde KSST Poll