The Saltillo Lady Lions picked up a non-district win against Wills Point, 52-30 at Saltillo Tuesday night (December 17). The Lady Lions got off to a good start and led after the first quarter, 19-7. Wills Point cut three points off of the lead in the second quarter but still trailed the Lady Lions, 25-16 at halftime. The Lady Lions outscored Wills Point 27-14 in the second half to take the 52-30 win. Anna Reeder led the Lady Lions in scoring with 18 points. Chandler Bain had 7 points. Jocelyn Ochoa, Brittney Peeples and Maddy Smith had 6 points apiece. Kristina Wade scored 5 points. Julianna Giles and Paisley Kastner had 2 points each. Lady Lions Coach Bill Giles said the Lady Lions played a good second half. He added they have had a good year so far going into the break. With district play coming up, Coach Giles said the Lady Lions have got to keep improving every day in practice. He said the girls have put time in on their own and it is continuing to show. With the win, the Lady Lions improve to 13-7 for the season. Saltillo is currently ranked #17 in Class A according to the Texas Association of Basketball Coaches Poll. The Lady Lions play next after Christmas at the Miller Grove Tournament December 27-28. On December 27, the Lady Lions play Como-Pickton at 9 a.m. and CHESS at 2:15 p.m.
- North Hopkins Baseball Team Takes Two Losses in Quitman Thursday
- Lady Cats Golf Team Takes 3rd Place at Tempest Golf Club as Senior Mariam Tran Wins Tourney
- Sulphur Springs Mayor Recognizes Texas History Month
- Hunt County RHC Mobile Mammogram Coming to Sulphur Springs on March 25
- Wildcats Soccer Team Pours in the Goals in 8-2 Win Over Texas High Thursday
- Lady Cats Soccer Team Rallies in Second Half to Defeat Texas High 4-2 on the Road