The Lady Cats Soccer Team topped Paris, 1-0 during a scrimmage Tuesday night (December 17) at Paris. Lady Cats first year Head Coach Javier Aguayo said the scrimmage went very well with the Lady Cats dominating the match and possession of the soccer ball. However the Lady Cats got off to a slow start offensively. Coach Aguayo said the Lady Cats seemed to be forcing thing and trying to play too fast. He said he kept encouraging them to slow down. He said the first half of the scrimmage resulted in some scoring chances but no goals. Still he said the Lady Cats are starting to play like he wants them to. Freshman Rebecca Stanley scored the scrimmages’ lone goal with about 15 minutes left to play. It was her second goal in two scrimmages. Coach Aguayo said the Lady Cats are excited for this season and their confidence level is high. Next for the Lady Cats is their Alumni Scrimmage on December 28. Coach Aguayo hopes enough Alums show up for a noon contest with the Lady Cats JV and for a Lady Cats Varsity match at 2 p.m.
Home » Community Events » Lady Cats Soccer Coach Javier Aguayo Says His Lady Cats are Playing With Confidence
- Three Hopkins County Residents Arrested For Aggravated Kidnapping For Allegedly Locking A Child In A Closet
- North Hopkins Water District All Clear
- Hopkins County FFA Ag Mechanics Show is Largest So Far, 36 Projects
- 2 Sentenced On Murder Charge In District Court
- Free Bottled Water Available To Anyone Without Water Or Still Under Boil Water Notice
- Jan Dunham