A review of the sports files recently produced a list of 16 top stories involving Wildcats and Lady Cats teams during 2019. The list begins running Monday (December 23) and will continue through the first day of the New Year. On January 2, a story will provide the entire list of 16. # 16 involves the Lady Cats Soccer Team that overcame injuries and a very tough schedule, especially in early tournaments, to qualify for the playoffs. In bi-district, the Lady Cats were matched up with old district foe, Hallsville. The Lady Cats hung with Hallsville fairly well but the Lady Bobcats came out on top 3-0. The game was the last for Lady Cats Coach Joel Bailey, who was a longtime assistant coach, was interim head coach about ten years ago and was head coach for the past two years. The past two years Coach Bailey’s Lady Cats suffered from a lot of injuries. Coach Bailey may have retired from coaching but you can still find him teaching at Sulphur Springs High School. Javier Aguayo moved over from Wildcats assistant soccer coach to take the job as Lady Cats head coach and his Lady Cats have looked good in a couple of December scrimmages. My #16 sports story from SSHS in 2019, the Lady Cats soccer team making the playoffs.
Home » Headlines » Don Julian's Top 16 SSHS Sports Stories for 2019 Begins With #16: Lady Cats Soccer
- Thomas “T.D.” Potter
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of June 14, 2021
- Criminal Trespassing Complaint At Walmart Results In Controlled Substance, Warrant Arrest
- Aiguier Cemetery Association Officers, Perpetual Care Board Elected
- Senator Hall Gives Update On How Priorities, Bills Fared During 87th Legislative Session
- Hopkins County Records – June 11, 2021