Sulphur Springs High School hosted Special Games Day Friday (September 27) for local and area special needs children. Besides participants from Sulphur Springs ISD campuses, there were children from Commerce, North Hopkins and Como-Pickton. The event was coordinated by SSHS FCCLA Sponsor Debbie Stribling and by Blue Blazes Drill Team Director Christie McCullough. Ms. McCullough said it was a blessing to be a part of the event. Her Blue Blazes were a part of the event along with the SSHS Key Club, SSHS Cheerleaders and the Wildcats Band. As he has for quite a few years, former Lady Cats Soccer Coach Joel Bailey served as emcee for the special day. Each group of participants got to enter the main gym at the high school as part of a Parade of Champions/ The children can compete in about a dozen events, such as cone races, free throw shooting and football tossing. Lunch for volunteers and participants was provided by the local Kiwanis Club. The local Pilot Club gave funds for medals for the children. Key Club members assisted the children in the events as needed.
- 10 Arrested On Felony Controlled Substance-Related Warrants
- Thompson Crowned 2021 Ms Hopkins County Senior
- Thomas “T.D.” Potter
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of June 14, 2021
- Criminal Trespassing Complaint At Walmart Results In Controlled Substance, Warrant Arrest
- Aiguier Cemetery Association Officers, Perpetual Care Board Elected