CITY OF SULPHUR SPRINGS, TEXAS
REGULAR MEETING OF THE
JUNE 4, 2019
AN EXECUTIVE SESSION WILL BE CONDUCTED AT 6:30 P.M. IN ACCORDANCE WITH TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE, SECTION 551.074, PERSONNEL MATTERS SPECIFICALLY RELATING TO THE DIRECTOR OF PUBLIC SAFETY AND THE DIRECTOR OF UTILITIES.
The regular meeting of the Sulphur Springs City Council will be held at 7 p.m. on Tuesday, June 4, 2019, in the Council Room at 201 North Davis Street. The following items will be discussed:
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States Flag, Texas Flag, and invocation.
- Oaths of Office will be given to Councilman Freddie Taylor, Councilman elect Jeff Sanderson, and Councilman Doug Moore.
- Discussion/action on selection of Mayor Pro Tem.
- Discussion/action on selection of Mayor.
- Presentations, proclamations, and announcements.
a. Fair Housing Month
- Manager’s report will include a status report of capital improvements, wastewater treatment plant operations, accidents and claims for the month, and a review of expenditures, revenues, purchases, and abatement orders.
- Discussion/action on Consent Agenda.
- Discussion/action on existing tax abatement with Ocean Spray Cranberries.
- Discussion/action on first reading of Ordinance No. 2746 amending Chapter 15 of the Sulphur Springs Municipal Code by adding Article VII, Sections 15-301 – 15-308, to provide regulation of tire businesses.
- Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1168 renaming Jackson Street to J. D. Franklin Street.
- Discussion/action on board and commission appointments for the (1) Economic Development Corporation, (2) Zoning Board of Adjustment, (3) Airport Advisory Board, (4) Sulphur River Municipal Water District Board, (5) Library Board, (6)Board of Tourism and Promotion, (7) Construction Board of Adjustment and Appeals, (8) Planning and Zoning Commission, (9) ARK-TEX Council of Governments, (10) the Downtown Revitalization Board, and (11) Revolving Loan Fund Committee.
- Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1169 designating the Finance Director and the City Manager as signatories of behalf of the city and request funds authorized under grant contract, TxCDBG 7218042.
- Discussion/action on Resolution No. 1170 reaffirms policies previously adopted by the city to ensure compliance with federal rules and regulations regarding citizen participation and civil rights protections.
- Discussion/action on Executive Session item pertaining to the Director of Public Safety.
- Discussion/action on Executive Session item pertaining to Director of Utilities.
- Visitors and public forum.
Consider for approval the regular City Council meeting minutes of May 7, 2019; Special City Council meeting minutes of Canvass and Retreat of May 9, 2019; the Planning and Zoning Commission meeting minutes of April 15, 2019; the Zoning Board of Adjustments and Appeals meeting minutes of April 16, 2019; the Downtown Revitalization Board meeting minutes of April 23 and 30, 2019; and the Economic Development Corporation meeting minutes of April 22, 2019.
The City of Sulphur Springs will provide assistance for the hearing impaired if notice is given to the City Secretary 48 hours prior to the scheduled meeting date so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
The City Council of the City of Sulphur Springs, Texas meets regularly on the first Tuesday of each month at 7 p.m. in the Municipal Building. The Council follows a printed agenda for official action, however, following the conclusion of the agenda, anyone may address the Council but Council will not take official action. Any individual desiring official action should submit his request to the office of the City Secretary by 12:00 noon on the Wednesday before the next regularly scheduled meeting.
The City Council reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any of the matters listed above, as authorized by Texas Government Code, Section 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about Real Property), 551.073 (Deliberations about Gifts and Donations); 551.074 (Personnel Matters, must be stated specifically with regard to position) 551.076 (Deliberations about security devices) and 551.087 (Economic Development).