Paris — Here’s a look at work planned in this area of the Paris Texas Department of Transportation district during the week of April 8, but subject to change due to weather conditions, equipment failure or other unforeseen issues.
Motorists are advised to remain alert and pay special attention to all signs, barricades and traffic controls, and reduce their speed as they approach and travel through work zones. They should also avoid distractions such as cell phones, eating, drinking or car audio or navigation systems.
Sulphur Springs Area (Hopkins, Franklin counties)
- State Highway 37, Franklin County: From Mt. Vernon to Winnsboro. Watch for lane closures and short traffic delays as crews perform striping operations; flaggers will direct traffic.
- State Highway 19, Hopkins County: At FM 71 in Birthright. Watch for lane closures and short traffic delays as crews begin performing milling operations and shoulder work for turn lane construction project.
Paris Area (Delta, Lamar, Red River counties)
- US 271/Loop 286 Interchange, Paris, Lamar County: Watch for temporary lane and ramp closures while crews perform slope repairs.
- US 271 pavement repair, Lamar and Red River Counties: from Loop 286 in Paris southeastward to SH 37. Watch for temporary lane and/or shoulder closures as mow strip is begin installed at metal beam guard fence locations.
- FM 197, Lamar County: Watch for temporary lane closures as workers widen and reconstruct existing pavement.
- US 271 safety upgrades, Red River County: from FM 410 to the Red River-Titus County line. Watch for temporary lane and shoulder closures as work continues.
- State Highway 37 safety upgrades, Red River County: from the Texas-Oklahoma state line south to the Red River-Franklin County line. Watch for work zones as workers upgrade metal-beam guard fence, replace or extend new structures and install safety end treatments.
- FM 2648 widening, Lamar County: Watch for temporary lane closures as work continues. Beginning this week, Pine Creek Bridge will be down to one lane in order to upgrade the bridge rail. Temporary traffic signals and signs will be in place to direct traffic.
- State Highway 24 expansion, Delta County: from Cooper, Texas, southwestward towards Commerce. Watch for work zones and drive safely through construction areas. Final surfacing of southbound lanes is in progress
Greenville Area (Hunt, Rains Counties)
- State Highway 66 and FM 36, Hunt County: The new traffic lights at this intersection are flashing red, please be careful when crossing this intersection. The signal lights will be programmed for red-yellow-green operations after the railroad installs all necessary components for signal pre-emption at this intersection to keep traffic stopped at the light off of the railroad tracks.
- FM 2642 bridge/underpass project at I-30, Hunt County: from FM 1565 westward to the Hunt-Rockwall County line. Construction of bridge to route I-30 over FM2642 is in the final stages. Please continue watching your speed while traveling through this construction area. Temporary traffic signals are in place at FM 2453 and FM 35 to aid detoured traffic.
- State Highway 19 pavement project, Rains County: from US 69 and SH 19 south to the Van Zandt County line. Crews have completed paving operations on the project. Final striping and rumble strips will be placed soon as weather permits. Crews are finishing up driveway paving. Additionally, mailbox installation and metal beam finishing work at some culverts is all that remains. Be cautious when driving across intersecting streets.
- ADA ramp construction, Hunt County: State Highway 11 in Commerce. Workers have completed installing ramps, sidewalks, steps, curb ramps, handrails, pedestrian push buttons and other pedestrian elements to aid the mobility of disabled citizens. Project manager will conduct a final pre-inspection for project acceptance to follow soon after.
- US 69, Hunt County: from O’Neal St. in Greenville to the intersection of US 69 and US 380. Work on this paving project is finishing up. Seeding has been completed and final punch list items will be addressed soon.
- State Highway 34 and FM 816, Hunt County: from SH 276 south to the Hunt-Kaufman County line on SH 34, and from SH 34 to the Hunt-Fannin County line on FM 816. Watch for temporary lane closures as workers install safety treatments on fixed objects.
- FM 1903 at Interstate 30, Hunt County: at the southeast corner of this intersection, a contractor will begin work April 8 to install concrete curb and a drainage flume. Please slow down and drive safely through this and other work zones.
Traffic Safety Notes
- State Highway 24 – Maintenance crews have placed rumble strips on SH 24 northbound near the Animal Services Barn of Texas A&M University-Commerce to caution drivers of vehicles crossing at that location.
- State Spur 1570 and State Highway 66 – to help the traveling public at this intersection, maintenance crews have placed rumble strips on FM 1570 and SS 1570 to alert drivers of the upcoming stop sign. They have also placed rumble strips on State Highway 66 and “intersection ahead” to help warn drivers traveling State Highway 66 of the intersection. Intersection ahead signs with flashing beacons will be installed at this location in the near future.