At their meeting this week, the Paris Junior College Regents kept rates for residence hall rooms unchanged and approved a slight increase for board rates for the 2018-2019 academic year starting with the fall semester.
Hatcher and Thompson Residence Hall rates continue to be $650 per semester and rooms in the South Campus Residence Hall $850 per semester. The 19-meal plan will go from $1,650 per semester to $1,675 per semester, including taxes.
In other business, the Regents:
- Approved minor changes to EGA (Local) Policy to Academic Achievement Credit to reflect updates from adapting to Pathways.
- Received a report on the Board of Trustees Institute from regents Berdie Gibson and Carolyn Lockett on the board’s role in providing pathways to student success.
- Were provided information on events in the final week of the Spring Semester: May 8 – GED Graduation at 7 p.m. in the Ray E. Karrer Theater; May 10 – Texas Institute of Jewelry Technology Awards Ceremony at 10 a.m. in the Ray E. Karrer Theater, Retirement Reception 2-4 p.m. in the Student Center Ballroom, and Licensed Vocational Nursing Pinning Ceremony at 6:30 p.m. at the Lamar Avenue Church of Christ; and May 11 – Spring Graduation at 7:00 p.m. at Noyes Stadium.
- Received an update on grant-funded new equipment and renovations to health occupations programs in the Workforce Training Center. When the work is completed, an Open House will be scheduled.
- Approved the hiring of Randal Ginther as Information Technology Database Administrator, effective April 30. Accepted the resignations of Associate Degree Nursing Instructor Blair Daiker, Academic Advisor Tina Cook, and Economic Instructor Dr. Anthony Sawyer, all effective May 11; and of Associate Degree Nursing Instructor Karolena Lopez-Prada, effective August 31; and the retirements of English Instructor Marsha Dennis, effective August 31, and Director of Institutional Research Beverly Matthews, effective December 31.