Dr. M. Lavelle Hendricks, a professor at Texas A and M Commerce is also the pastor of East Caney Missionary Baptist Church. He also is responsible for organizing the annual Martin Luther King Jr. Awards Ceremony 27 years ago. The event has grown in attendance and in stature, and this year will include dozens of recognitions of local persons who reflect the values of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. during his lifetime. During a Good Morning Show interview on KSST and Channel 18 TV, Hendricks brought along two guests who also uphold the high standards of humanity of Dr. King. Dr. Ray Keck, University President, and Noah Nelson, Vice President of Media Relations will have speaking parts during Monday’s public event. They will be joined by elected officials, public servants, church and school leaders, members of the African-American Leadership Conference and youngsters who are pursuing paths to education and meaningful careers. An abundance of uplifting music will be presented by local choirs and soloists. An offering will be taken and attendees are asked to make a $10 or generous donation to the AALC headquartered at Texas A and M University in Commerce. The event will begin on Monday January 15, 2018 at 7 pm at Morning Chapel Missionary Baptist Church at 208 Fuller Street in Sulphur Springs, Texas.
Author: Enola Gay
Has enjoyed working for KSST since 1989. Hosts the Good Morning Show with Enola Gay on weekday mornings from 6-9am, so 'start your day with Enola Gay'! Guest interviews during the Morning Show can also be seen in playback on Cable Channel 18 TV. Along with local country music fan Benny Potter, co-produces 1230 West, a Country and Western Swing radio show which airs weekly on Saturdays from 7-8am and repeats on Thursdays from 7-8pm. Also writes "At the Corral Gate", a column appearing weekly in The Millennium Shopper and in the Lifestyles section of ksstradio.com.
- SSHS Coach Talk: Baseball, Softball, Soccer
- Panthers Defeat Yantis; Lady Lions Lost at Rivercrest
- Channel 18 News, March 21, 2018
- Sulphur Springs Man Injured in Oklahoma Accident Monday
- Teri (Orinthia Jean Terrell) Coleman
- Majel Reddick is Quilt Winner in Senior Citizen’s Center Fundraiser
- “Human Trafficking: It’s Closer Than You Think” Presentation at SSMS
- PJC Regents Approve Associate Degree in Surgical Technology
- New Signs, Playground Equipment on Order; Boundaries Yet to Be Determined
- Updated: Sexton Now in Hopkins County Jail for Local Robbery, Other Charges
Ye Olde KSST Poll
St. Patrick's Day means to me...
- Just another day. (67%)
- I might venture out with some green on... and celebrate some. (13%)
- Staying home and avoiding any and all revelers (7%)
- Green Beer, Corned Beef, Cabbage, Green Shamrocks... (3%)
- Sending up a personal thanks to St. P for chasing those snakes. (3%)
- Green beer is gross. (3%)
- Getting a free pass to pinch people. (3%)
Thanks for voting!