Reading is the most important skill you can teach a child. Giving kids access to good books and the opportunity to choose books will motivate them to read more. Not to mention, books make wonderful Christmas gifts! The Como-Pickton Elementary Library is hosting their annual Scholastic Book Fair Monday, December 11th through Friday, December 15th – 8:00am – 3:30pm. They will have extended hours on Thursday the 14th, 8:00am – 6:30pm. Be sure you register for their “baskets of books” drawing, one for lower elementary and one for upper elementary being held Friday, December 15th. You do not need to be present to win.
- Hopkins County Stew Drive-Thru Is This Saturday, Oct. 24
- Short-Handed Wildcats Pull Out Dramatic, Come-From-Behind Victory Tuesday in 3-2 District Win
- Wildcats Team Tennis Wraps Up District Play With 18-1 Win at Marshall, Playoffs Next
- Hopkins County Oct. 20 COVID-19 Update: 2 Additional Nursing Home Deaths Reported
- Updates Given On SSISD COVID-19 Cases, Enrollment
- At Sulphur Springs Country Club Golf Tourneys Monday, Wildcats Take 1st and Lady Cats are 2nd