Incumbent State Representative Dan Flynn announced Tuesday night that he will be seeking re-election. Representative Flynn, from Van is currently serving in his sixth term as state representative. He represents several counties including Hopkins County. In a statement, Representative Flynn said he has represented the conservative values of his district consistently and to the best of his ability adding it would be an honor to serve House District 2 for another term. Flynn said his district is looking for solutions, not soundbites: results, not rhetoric. He said he has gotten results. As chair of the House Pensions Committee in the last legislative session, Flynn said he passed legislation to stabilize teacher retirement health care, the Employee Retirement System and pensions systems for both the cities of Dallas and Houston. Flynn said he also authored legislation to require the use of American law on American soil.
Wildcat Football v.s. Mt. Pleasant
- Photos from the Fall Festival Parade
- Meal A Day Menu For October 23rd-28th
- Sunday Forecast
- Severe Thunderstorm Watch for Hopkins and Surrounding Counties Until 2 a.m. Sunday, October 22
- Saturday Forecast
- End of October/ Early November Events at the SR Center
- Slideshow: Special Sports Day 2017
- Channel 18 News Friday, October 29, 2017
- Chance to Win 250 Bobcat Welder, Job Box, and 16ft Bumperpull Trailer at Help a Child Event Saturday
- Sulphur Springs Health and Rehab Pumpkin Decorating Contest Results
Ye Olde KSST Poll
At what age are you too old to wear a Halloween Costume and Collect Candy?
- 13 (41%)
- Never ever too old (38%)
- 10 (9%)
- 15 (8%)
- 16 (3%)
- 5 (1%)
- 17 (1%)
- 18 (1%)
Thanks for voting!