Incumbent State Representative Dan Flynn announced Tuesday night that he will be seeking re-election. Representative Flynn, from Van is currently serving in his sixth term as state representative. He represents several counties including Hopkins County. In a statement, Representative Flynn said he has represented the conservative values of his district consistently and to the best of his ability adding it would be an honor to serve House District 2 for another term. Flynn said his district is looking for solutions, not soundbites: results, not rhetoric. He said he has gotten results. As chair of the House Pensions Committee in the last legislative session, Flynn said he passed legislation to stabilize teacher retirement health care, the Employee Retirement System and pensions systems for both the cities of Dallas and Houston. Flynn said he also authored legislation to require the use of American law on American soil.
- Meal a Day Menu for December 18th-22nd
- Aviation History: The Sacred Cow
- Sunday Forecast
- #10 Lady Cats Overwhelm Hallsville 73-26
- #11 Wildcats Outscore Royce City 59-30
- Saturday Forecast
- Santa Visits Alliance Bank
- Wood County Sheriff’s Report December 6-12, 2017
- Channel 18 News Friday, December 15, 2017
- Game Day: Lady Cats in Hallsville; Wildcats visit Royce City
Ye Olde KSST Poll
Will it be a white Christmas?
- No.... Snow is overrated! (40%)
- No.... but I wish. (28%)
- Yes! I believe! (18%)
- Are you nuts? It's 70 today. Not gonna snow. (14%)
Thanks for voting!