Incumbent State Representative Dan Flynn announced Tuesday night that he will be seeking re-election. Representative Flynn, from Van is currently serving in his sixth term as state representative. He represents several counties including Hopkins County. In a statement, Representative Flynn said he has represented the conservative values of his district consistently and to the best of his ability adding it would be an honor to serve House District 2 for another term. Flynn said his district is looking for solutions, not soundbites: results, not rhetoric. He said he has gotten results. As chair of the House Pensions Committee in the last legislative session, Flynn said he passed legislation to stabilize teacher retirement health care, the Employee Retirement System and pensions systems for both the cities of Dallas and Houston. Flynn said he also authored legislation to require the use of American law on American soil.
- PJC-Sulphur Springs Structural Welding Class
- Friday Forecast
- Local Man Returns to Prison a Second Time in Plea Agreement
- Channel 18 News Thursday, February 22, 2018
- Wildcats Face Frisco Lone Star Friday Night at Princeton
- Wildcats Baseball Outscores Tyler Lee but Not Lindale in Rose City Classic Thursday
- Lady Cats and Coaching Staff Named to District 16-5A Girls Basketball All-District
- Mozell Jane Dean
- Video Presentation: Saltillo FFA Prepare for Livestock Show
- Keaveny Sentenced to 10 Years for DWI 3rd or More
Ye Olde KSST Poll
If you say, ’I invite you,’ that means...
- You pay. (76%)
- They pay. (13%)
- Split the check (11%)
Thanks for voting!