AGENDA for the SPECIAL BOARD MEETING of the SULPHUR SPRINGS INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICT in the BOARD ROOM, ADMINISTRATION BUILDING
FRIDAY, AUGUST 25, 2017 at 11:30 AM
I. CALL TO ORDER: Invocation
II. FIRST ORDER OF BUSINESS: Announcement by the President whether a quorum is present, that the meeting had been duly called and that the notice of the meeting had been posted in accordance with the Texas Open Meetings Act, Texas Government Code, Chapter 551.
III. PUBLIC FORUM:
Public participation is limited to the designated open forum portion of a meeting per policy.
- Conduct a public meeting on the Sulphur Springs Independent School District’s 2017 proposed tax rate.
CONSENT AGENDA ITEMS
These items are considered to be routine by the board and will be enacted under one motion, unless a member of the board requests that an item be removed from the consent agenda and considered in its normal sequence on the agenda.
- Consider approval of Head Start Data Management Plan & Procedures.
- Consider approval of Head Start Impasse Procedures. (Exhibit IV-B) 8
- Consider approval of Resolution 7-17 regarding Extracurricular Status of 4-H Organization.
- Consider Adjunct Faculty appointments with the local Texas Cooperative Extension Office.
- Consider approval of budget amendments for the fiscal year ending August 31,
- (Budget amendments will be available at the meeting)
- Discuss and consider adoption of the General Fund, Debt Service and Food Service budgets for the Sulphur Springs Independent School District for the fiscal year ending August 31, 2018, and review all other budget areas.
- Discuss and consider adoption of Ordinance 2-17 levying an annual ad valorem tax for the year 2017 for the Sulphur Springs Independent School District.
Executive Session will be held for the purpose of consideration of matters for which closed or executive sessions are authorized by Title 5, Chapter 551, Texas Government Code, Section (.074), (.072).
- Discuss and consider personnel to be employed, personnel to be assigned, acknowledge and accept resignations of personnel, and other personnel matters.
- Discuss purchase, exchange, lease, or value of real property.
VII. Reconvene from Executive Session for action related to items covered during the Executive Session.