With the 8th annual Ms. Hopkins County Senior Classic Pageant only days away, we invited the contestants for a chat on the KSST Morning Show. Tuesday’s trio were Jan Gray, Pam George and Valerie Ross. Jan is rather new to town, having retired and moved to Sulphur Springs in October 2016. Pam George has lived in Hopkins County for about 30 years, is semi-retired and decided to enter the pageant because she supports the work done for retired persons by Karon Weatherman, Director of the Seniors Center. Valerie Ross came to Sulphur Springs about four years ago when she retired, and will be making her second bid for the title of Ms. Hopkins County Senior. Each of the ladies will compete in three categories…evening wear, talent and philosophy of life. Current Ms. Sr. Lavonne Elam and former pageant winners will also be there to present talent. A total of twelve contestants are in the 2017 local pageant, with winners advancing to the Ms. Texas Senior Classic Pageant to be held this fall in the Metroplex. The public is invited to attend, free of charge, on Saturday June 10 at 6 pm in the Family Life Center of League Street Church of Christ in Sulphur Springs, Texas. You can listen to KSST and watch Channel 18 TV at 8:15 am on Wednesday and Thursday June 7 and 8 to meet more of the contestants on the Morning Show.
Author: Enola Gay
Has enjoyed working for KSST since 1989. Hosts the Good Morning Show with Enola Gay on weekday mornings from 6-9am, so 'start your day with Enola Gay'! Guest interviews during the Morning Show can also be seen in playback on Cable Channel 18 TV. Along with local country music fan Benny Potter, co-produces 1230 West, a Country and Western Swing radio show which airs weekly on Saturdays from 7-8am and repeats on Thursdays from 7-8pm. Also writes "At the Corral Gate", a column appearing weekly in The Millennium Shopper and in the Lifestyles section of ksstradio.com.
- Commissioners Adopt Fund Balance Policy To Meet Standards, Protect County
- Paris District Weekly Road Report for July 22
- Ima Mae Northcutt
- Tradin’ Post for Friday, July 19th, 2019
- Channel 18 Good Morning Show: Friday, July 19, 2019
- 3 Women Taken Into Custody By Local Officers On Warrants Thursday
- Nearly A Dozen Personnel Changes Approved for SSISD
- SSISD Personnel Will Receive Small Pay Raise This Year
- CANHelp ‘Back To School Fair’ August 9 at Civic Center, a Community Bash
- Fort Worth Woman Found In Brashear In Car Stolen From Mesquite