Five Saltillo Lions qualified for the regional track meet in five events at the area track meet Wednesday at Como-Pickton High School. Regional qualifiers included Trevor Moore, who was second in the 800-meter run, Dakota Patridge, who qualified with fourth place finishes in the 400-meter run and in the 1600-meter run and Walker McGill, who was fourth in the 3200-meter run. The Lions 4 X 400-meter relay team also qualified finishing third. That team includes Patridge, McGill, Hendrick Rios and Branson McGill. Several more Lions placed and scored points. Matthew Gurley was sixth in the 200-meter run, sixth in the long jump and fifth in triple jump. Anthony Torres was sixth in the 110-meter hurdles and sixth in the 300-meter hurdles. Also competing for Saltillo were Levi Hoover in shot put and Mike Clover and Hondo Torres in long jump. The regional track meet will take place April 28-29 at Whitney.
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of June 21, 2021
- Reception for Retiring Carolyn McKinney Held Friday at SW Dairy Museum
- Ribbon-Cutting at the new Grays Building on June 18 in Observance of Juneteenth, a New National Holiday
- Tumbleweed Unveils His New One Man Show in Fort Davis
- Tyrik Rollison Joining Coach Owens’ Football Staff at SSHS
- Downtown Business Alliance is Accepting New Members and Planning 2021 Events