James Arthur Baxley, 51, was arrested Friday for Driving While Intoxicated 3rd or More and is being held on a $30,000 bond. Other misdemeanor DWI arrests were also made Friday and serve as a reminder that law enforcement has increased their watch for intoxicated drivers. The Texas Department of Public Safety is urging drivers to help make the holidays safer by driving sober and using extra caution. DPS Troopers are being joined by local law enforcement agencies throughout the Christmas holiday and New Year’s holiday looking out especially for drunk drivers, speeders, seat belt violators and other dangerous drivers. During the 8-day Christmas and New Year’s holiday enforcement effort last year, DPS troopers made 466 DWI arrests and issued 9,174 speeding citations, and 893 seat belt and child safety seat citations. Don’t drink and drive, slow down, especially in bad weather, construction areas and heavy traffic, eliminate distractions including use of mobile devices, buckle your seat belt, slow down or move over for police, fire, EMS, Texas Department of Transportation vehicles and tow trucks that are alongside the road with emergency lights activated, don’t drive fatigued, drive defensively, make sure your vehicle is properly maintained and check the weather forecast before your trip begins.
- Hospital District Board To Consider Setting FY 2021-22 Tax Rate, Budget On Sept. 28
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of September 27, 2021
- Sixth Hopkins County COVID Fatality Reported For September
- Wildcats Football Struggles Against Top-10 Ennis Lions
- Hopkins County Records – Sept. 24, 2021
- I-30 Traffic Stop Results In Discovery Of Pipe And Methamphetamine, Arrest