Morris David Roberts, 55, of Wylie, Texas was arrested Monday night after a tip was given to the Cumby Police Department. Cumby PD Sergeant Charles Walker was notified by a truck driver of a man driving naked on FM 499 in Cumby. According to the arrest report, the complainant told Sgt. Walker that she had observed Roberts “operating his vehicle naked and that he was fondling himself while driving down the road way.” Roberts was located on FM 513 at FM 499 while attempting to elude the officer to avoid being stopped. Sgt. Walker made contact with Roberts who admitted to operating his vehicle without wearing pants and also stated that he was in possession of two firearms. A .22 caliber rifle and a single shot 12 gauge shotgun were found in the vehicle. Sgt. Walker then arrested Roberts and transported him to the Hopkins County Jail where he now sits on $11,000 bond: $10,000 for Unlawful Possession of a Firearm by a Felon and $1,000 for Indecent Exposure. This is not the first indecent exposure incident for Roberts. KSST research found that Roberts was charged with Indecency with a Child by Exposure on March 7th, 2005 in Wylie, Texas.
- 11 Jailed in Hopkins County On Felony Warrants May 19-28, 2022
- Miller Grove Student’s Art Wins Congressional Contest, To Be Displayed At US Capitol
- SSHS Class Of 2022 Celebrated At Gradation
- Jo Alice McCue
- Scam Alert: American Police Officers Alliance
- SSHS 2022 Seniors Receive Almost $5 Million In Scholarship Offers And Military Awards