A 46-year old Sulphur Springs man was booked into the Hopkins County Jail at noon on Saturday in connection with a warrant for aggravated assault causing serious bodily injury. Justice of the Peace B.J. Teer set bond on David Allen Grimes at $25,000. The case reportedly involved the man in his vehicle and an incident near FM 2560 and County Road 2174 last Wednesday at around 5 p.m. The warrant was issued shortly after the incident. A sheriff’s deputy went to the same area Saturday to investigate a report of a burglary in progress, learned of the warrant and made the arrest.
- Reception for Retiring Carolyn McKinney Held Friday at SW Dairy Museum
- Ribbon-Cutting at the new Grays Building on June 18 in Observance of Juneteenth, a New National Holiday
- Tumbleweed Unveils His New One Man Show in Fort Davis
- Tyrik Rollison Joining Coach Owens’ Football Staff at SSHS
- Downtown Business Alliance is Accepting New Members and Planning 2021 Events
- Jury Panel Summoned to Appear Monday Has Been Cancelled