Hopkins County Judge Robert Newsom and the County Commissioners are expected to make a trip to Austin early this week to attend a discussion of Senate Bill 1158, which would allow the county government, with voter approval to pay for their new County Jail by an increase in the sales tax. The discussion will take place Tuesday at 9 a.m. before the Senate Finance Committee in the State Capitol.
School Start Countdown
- Chamber Connection – Aug. 10: Learn More About Stew Contest At Stewcombers Meeting
- Surviving Drought Requires Planning
- School Begins … In Hopkins County, Yantis
- SSISD Hosting Meet The Teacher, Other Activities To Help Students Get Ready For New School Year
- Consumer Alert: Scammer Posing As TDI Employee
- Loren G. Seely