A 65-year old River Oaks Texas man, Joe Gilbert Valdez, was arrested by Sulphur Springs Police Lt. Detective David Gilmore for continual sexual abuse of a child. The arrest was made in Sulphur Springs due to the local connection for the child. Justice of the Peace B J Teer set bail at $200,000. Teer said that if the man is released on bail, he will be required to wear an electronic device that will tell law enforcement where he is at all times.
- Hopkins County Oct. 22 COVID-19 Update: 3 Fatalities, 2 New Cases, 2 Recoveries
- Barbara “Bobbie” Evans
- Miller Grove ISD Ending Remote Learning
- TAMUC Planetarium Reopening After Renovations
- Lady Cats Basketball Team Has First Official Practice Thursday
- Wildcats Football Coach Greg Owens Discusses New Zone Competition Concept in District