County Judge Robert Newsom agreed that Hopkins County has the highest hotel/motel tax and would have the highest sales tax should Senate Bill 1158 be approved as it is written and the tax approved by Hopkins County voters. Newsom also told KSST/Channel 18 news and ksstradio.com that the sales tax would only role back the county property tax for the current year. The tax revenue from the potential additional sales tax could only be used to pay for the jail and could not be used for the general fund. He said the county could raise property taxes as soon as the next year and that evaluation of property could also increase what property owners would pay the county in taxes.
- Information From the Welding Program at the Paris Junior College-Sulphur Springs Center Campus
- Crime Down In Sulphur Springs During First 6 Months Of 2021
- Reminder: 2021 Back to School Fair TOMORROW
- Volleyball Tryouts To Be Held Monday, August 2
- See You Friday at CANHelp’s Free BTS Fair at Civic Center!
- MANSFIELD RED, WHITE & ROCKIN’ KIDS TRIATHLON TO BE HELD IN MANSFIELD JULY 30