Funeral service for Russell Wayne “Rusty” Mahaffey, 61, of Sulphur Springs, will be held at 2:00 p.m., Saturday, February 21, 2015 at West Oaks Funeral Home Chapel with Bro. Mark Bryant and Bro. Paul Pogue officiating. Interment will follow at Pleasant Grove Cemetery in Cumby with Ralph Kirkham, Keith Ashmore, Bobby Daniel, John Powell, Jody Allen, and Brad Rollins serving as pallbearers. Visitation will be held from 1:00 to 2:00 p.m., prior to service. Rusty passed away on Wednesday, February 18, 2015 at Baylor Health Care Systems in Dallas. He was born on March 24, 1953 in Dallas, TX, the son of Charles William and Paula Ann Lee Mahaffey. He was a member of First Baptist Church in Sulphur Springs and worked as an electrician for IBEW Local 20 for many years. He is survived by his mother, Paula Mahaffey of Sulphur Springs, son, Mitchell Mahaffey and wife Brittany of Wylie, grandchildren, Brady Mahaffey, Maddox Mahaffey, and Wyatt Woods. He was preceded in death by his father, Charles Mahaffey, and brother, Jack Mahaffey. Arrangements are under the direction of West Oaks Funeral Home. www.westoaksfuneralhome.com
- Osornio, Krotky Named Top Graduates of Cumby High School Class of 2021
- Saltillo Lady Lions Softball Team Falls Short In Regional Semifinal
- SSHS Switching Up Senior Activities A Little Bit This Year
- Bonnie Davis
- 5th Annual OVET BBQ Cookoff Brings 25 Best Cooks to Town!
- Registration For SSISD Summer Day Camp Now Open