Hopkins County will have to pick up the costs of attorneys for one of two men indicted for capital murder in what are expected to be a death penalty cases. County Judge Robert Newsom said an insurance policy would pay for attorneys for Cody Scott Shaw of Emory. The policy will not cover co-defendant Patrick Wayne McMahan of Sulphur Springs. The cost could be in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. The men were indicted December 8. DA Will Ramsey has said he will seek the death penalty against both men. They are accused of murdering 66-year old Gary Maynard at his home.
- Brashear Woman Accused Of Indecency With A Child
- Texas Department Of State Health Services To Award $10 Million In Grants To Support Local Vaccination Efforts Across Texas
- Jefferson Street Traffic Stop Results In Location Of Methamphetamine, 1 Arrest
- Clerk’s Office Enters Into Agreement With IDS For Docket Application
- Youth Soccer Camp Continuously Attracts More Attendees Under Coach Upton
- Splash into School at Splash Kingdom