Hopkins County will have to pick up the costs of attorneys for one of two men indicted for capital murder in what are expected to be a death penalty cases. County Judge Robert Newsom said an insurance policy would pay for attorneys for Cody Scott Shaw of Emory. The policy will not cover co-defendant Patrick Wayne McMahan of Sulphur Springs. The cost could be in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. The men were indicted December 8. DA Will Ramsey has said he will seek the death penalty against both men. They are accused of murdering 66-year old Gary Maynard at his home.
- Updated Meal A Day Menu For May 10-14, 2021
- Cumby ISD Trustees Canvass May 1 Bond Election Returns, Hire Architectural Firm
- North Hopkins Baseball Season Ends With Bi-District Doubleheader Loss Friday
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of May 10, 2021
- In Lieu of Spring Football, Wildcats Defensive Coordinator Alex Guerra Makes Use of School Athletic Periods
- Lady Cat Claire Bybee Claims Third Place at State Meet in Pole Vault Friday