Hopkins County will have to pick up the costs of attorneys for one of two men indicted for capital murder in what are expected to be a death penalty cases. County Judge Robert Newsom said an insurance policy would pay for attorneys for Cody Scott Shaw of Emory. The policy will not cover co-defendant Patrick Wayne McMahan of Sulphur Springs. The cost could be in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. The men were indicted December 8. DA Will Ramsey has said he will seek the death penalty against both men. They are accused of murdering 66-year old Gary Maynard at his home.
- The Erwins Come to Sulphur Bluff Baptist Church Dec. 6, All Invited!
- Trading Post for December 5, 2021
- Meal A Day Menu For Dec. 6-10, 2021
- 3 Arrested After Contraband Found During Traffic Stops
- 8 Jailed on Felony Warrants Dec. 1-3, 2021
- Sulphur Springs Lit Up In Holiday Merriment During Friday’s Christmas Tree Lighting, Parade