Sulphur Springs Senior Citizen Center Director Karon Weatherman was named Citizen of the Year at the 89th annual Chamber Banquet Thursday night. City Councilwoman and Symphony League President Kayla Price was named Woman of the Year. In other awards, Oncor Electric is the Large Business of the Year, Mike and Mallory Horne and Latson’s Office Solutions is Small Business of the Year, the Koon Jersey Farm is Agriculturalist of the Year, Educators of the Year were Bowie Special Ed Aide Jossie Jimmerson and Como-Pickton Elementary School Teacher Kara Lane, Chicks For Charity Hopkins County received the Community Pride Award, Carol Palmer was named Chamber Ambassador of the Year, Plain and Fancy Restaurant owner Sandy Wallace got the Growth and Renewal Award and Betty Wade was named Caregiver of the Year.
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of September 27, 2021
- Sixth Hopkins County COVID Fatality Reported For September
- Wildcats Football Struggles Against Top-10 Ennis Lions
- Hopkins County Records – Sept. 24, 2021
- I-30 Traffic Stop Results In Discovery Of Pipe And Methamphetamine, Arrest
- Wildcats Football Team in Ennis Today For Friday Gameday, Plus First Ever Wildcats Cross Country Invitational Tomorrow