Memorial Hospital Restricts/Limits Visitors Under the Age of 12 & Those With Flu-Like Symptoms
At the request of our chief medical officer and hospital administration we are limiting visitors at our facility. We are requesting that all children under the age of 12 and anyone with flu-like symptoms to not visit patients in the hospital.
Flu like illness and flu are widespread in northeast Texas. According to the Texas Department of State Health Services and CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention ) you can assist in stopping the spread of flu by:
- Getting vaccinated if you have not already done so
- Washing hands with soap and water or by using hand sanitizer
- Follow cough hygiene protocols (cover mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze)
- Stay home when you are sick.
- If your child has a fever, ongoing cough, or runny nose-do not send them to school or take them to visit patients in the hospital or nursing home. Limit trips to public areas such as grocery store, church, or movie theaters.
We do have signage in many of the waiting areas related to flu, cough hygiene asking for a mask, etc.