A 23-year old Hallsville man traveled to Sulphur Springs Tuesday night expecting to meet up with a 15-year old girl for sexual activity only to be met by officers from the Sulphur Springs Police Department and Hopkins County Sheriff’s Department. Colbey Wayne Simpson was charged with on-line solicitation of a minor for sexual conduct before Justice of the Peace Ronny Glossup who set bond at $20,000. The suspect thought he was chatting with a 15-year old girl on-line when in reality it was a Sulphur Springs Police Officer Sgt. Amanda Weatherford. The suspect reportedly suggested sexual acts he wanted to have with the minor in her home. A meeting place was suggested at a League Street convenience store where officers were waiting.
- 2 Subdivision Variances, Partial Closure Of A County Road Granted By Commissioners Court
- The Access Physicians MultiSpecialty Clinic of Sulphur Springs Will Be Closing
- Getting Advise at the Education Opportunity Center at Paris Junior College
- Pesticide CEU Session Offered Nov. 3 For Private Applicators
- Grilling Like A Texan
- Lady Cats Volleyball in Edgewood Today For Final Tune-Up Before Last Two District Matches