A 23-year old Hallsville man traveled to Sulphur Springs Tuesday night expecting to meet up with a 15-year old girl for sexual activity only to be met by officers from the Sulphur Springs Police Department and Hopkins County Sheriff’s Department. Colbey Wayne Simpson was charged with on-line solicitation of a minor for sexual conduct before Justice of the Peace Ronny Glossup who set bond at $20,000. The suspect thought he was chatting with a 15-year old girl on-line when in reality it was a Sulphur Springs Police Officer Sgt. Amanda Weatherford. The suspect reportedly suggested sexual acts he wanted to have with the minor in her home. A meeting place was suggested at a League Street convenience store where officers were waiting.
- ICYMI: Flyer and QR Code For Next Week’s Youth Soccer Camp
- Meet Chris Lutz P.A. with CHRISTUS Trinity Orthopedic and Sports Medicine Clinic
- Early Plan For Jefferson Street-Loop 301 RV Resort Receives P&Z, ZBA Approval
- Nathaniel Waldrop
- Paris Junior College Sulphur Springs News
- Downtown Parking: Still An Issue?