A 23-year old Hallsville man traveled to Sulphur Springs Tuesday night expecting to meet up with a 15-year old girl for sexual activity only to be met by officers from the Sulphur Springs Police Department and Hopkins County Sheriff’s Department. Colbey Wayne Simpson was charged with on-line solicitation of a minor for sexual conduct before Justice of the Peace Ronny Glossup who set bond at $20,000. The suspect thought he was chatting with a 15-year old girl on-line when in reality it was a Sulphur Springs Police Officer Sgt. Amanda Weatherford. The suspect reportedly suggested sexual acts he wanted to have with the minor in her home. A meeting place was suggested at a League Street convenience store where officers were waiting.
- United Way Distributes Additional Funds Raised Over the 2020 Campaign Goal To Local Groups
- Traffic Stop Yields 1 Arrest For Having Marijuana And A Gun
- Truck Driver Arrested On Interstate 30 On A Reckless Driving Charge
- Obituary – Coy “Cowboy” Vicars
- Supreme Court Order Overturns Roe v. Wade
- Obituary – Paul Matthews