A 23-year old Hallsville man traveled to Sulphur Springs Tuesday night expecting to meet up with a 15-year old girl for sexual activity only to be met by officers from the Sulphur Springs Police Department and Hopkins County Sheriff’s Department. Colbey Wayne Simpson was charged with on-line solicitation of a minor for sexual conduct before Justice of the Peace Ronny Glossup who set bond at $20,000. The suspect thought he was chatting with a 15-year old girl on-line when in reality it was a Sulphur Springs Police Officer Sgt. Amanda Weatherford. The suspect reportedly suggested sexual acts he wanted to have with the minor in her home. A meeting place was suggested at a League Street convenience store where officers were waiting.
- Lady Cats Pole Vaulter Claire Bybee Competes at State Track Meet Friday Afternoon
- 380 Agreement Granted For Towne Street Property
- Lady Cats Softball Takes Game 1 of Area Series
- J-B Weld Acquires HERCULINER
- AG’s Consumer Alert: Be Cautious When Purchasing Over-The-Counter Hearing Aids
- Lots To Celebrate In Tira: Law School Commencement, Birthday Celebrations