Dr. Ray Perryman spoke at an Economic Outlook Conference sponsored by the Hopkins County Chamber of Commerce Wednesday. After praising the Texas economy for its’ record year during the past year, Dr. Perryman addressed some big challenges for the future. Highways, education, and water top his list of challenges. Funding of those three needs are also a concern. Funding mechanisms are not easy decisions. Perryman points to recent surveys regarding funding roads. He said that Texans don’t want toll roads, higher gas tax, or foreign investment. Perryman did say that Texans always find an answer.
- Hopkins County Constables’ Fees To Increase in 2022
- 9 SSHS Students On Their Way To Earing Firefighter Certification
- TxDOT Names Brian Barth as Deputy Executive Director for Program Delivery
- Wildcats Cross Country Season Schedules Firmed Up
- Winnsboro Police Department Media Report For July 19-25, 2021
- EEA: Our Youth 4th Annual Back to School Ready Event Slated Aug. 15