Dr. Ray Perryman spoke at an Economic Outlook Conference sponsored by the Hopkins County Chamber of Commerce Wednesday. After praising the Texas economy for its’ record year during the past year, Dr. Perryman addressed some big challenges for the future. Highways, education, and water top his list of challenges. Funding of those three needs are also a concern. Funding mechanisms are not easy decisions. Perryman points to recent surveys regarding funding roads. He said that Texans don’t want toll roads, higher gas tax, or foreign investment. Perryman did say that Texans always find an answer.
- Terrell Lady Tigers Pick Up Win Over Lady Cats Basketball Team, 46-39, Tuesday in SSHS Gym
- Wildcats Basketball Team Evened Season Record With Road Win At Rockwall Tuesday, 47-44
- Dec. 1 COVID-19 Update: 1 Fatality, 1 New Case, 90 Active Cases
- CHRISTUS Trinity Clinic Urgent Care Now Open
- Hopkins County Weekly COVID-19 Profile: Most Cases Among Ages 50-69
- Winter Cattle Feeding by Mario Villarino