Dr. Ray Perryman spoke at an Economic Outlook Conference sponsored by the Hopkins County Chamber of Commerce Wednesday. After praising the Texas economy for its’ record year during the past year, Dr. Perryman addressed some big challenges for the future. Highways, education, and water top his list of challenges. Funding of those three needs are also a concern. Funding mechanisms are not easy decisions. Perryman points to recent surveys regarding funding roads. He said that Texans don’t want toll roads, higher gas tax, or foreign investment. Perryman did say that Texans always find an answer.
- Commissioners Approve ETCADA MOU, Non-Consent Towing Advisory Board Appointements, Home-Delivered Meal Grant Program
- Weaver Cemetery Association Veterans Memorial Dedication
- The Johnson & Johnson COVID Vaccine And Booster Now Available
- Hopkins County, Other Local Taxing Entities To Receive Funding From Opioid Settlements
- Wildcats A and B Middle School Football Teams 7-0 With One Game Left Tuesday
- Lady Cats Volleyball Team Wins Second Five-Set Match of Season in Longview