Dr. Ray Perryman spoke at an Economic Outlook Conference sponsored by the Hopkins County Chamber of Commerce Wednesday. After praising the Texas economy for its’ record year during the past year, Dr. Perryman addressed some big challenges for the future. Highways, education, and water top his list of challenges. Funding of those three needs are also a concern. Funding mechanisms are not easy decisions. Perryman points to recent surveys regarding funding roads. He said that Texans don’t want toll roads, higher gas tax, or foreign investment. Perryman did say that Texans always find an answer.
- 2 Men Transferred To Hopkins County Jail On Felony Probation Warrants Thursday
- US Dept. Of Labor Finds Worker Suffered Serious Internal Injuries Because Employer Ignored Safety Procedures
- Greenville Women Jailed After Heroin And Methamphetamine Found During Traffic Stop
- Symphony League To Host 30th Independence Day Concert Saturday, July 2, 2022
- Obituary – Gary “Lucky” Stuckey
- Show Support For Local Coach Battling Cancer With Prayers, Donations Through Team Young