Hopkins County Judge Robert Newsom had just finished his first county budget when he got a letter from TXDOT saying they needed more than $100,000 from the county for right-of-way purchases for phase three of a Highway 11 West improvement project from Commerce to Sulphur Springs. The story has a happy ending as TXDOT agreed to use left over county right-of-way funds from the Highway 154 South project on Highway 11 West. Phase three of four phases should begin soon.
Home » Local Business News » “Updated” County Requires No Additional Funding for Right of Way Purchases on Hwy 11
- SH 11 Traffic Stop Results In Location Of Contraband, 2 Arrests
- Como, Dike Men Jailed For Felony DWI
- 1 Jailed On An Indictment And 6 Others On Felony Warrants
- Great Start to Operation VET Event, BBQ Cookoff, Games and Benefit at VFW
- Paris District Road Report for the Week of May 17, 2021
- Ranger Serves Inmate With Retaliation Warrant