Hopkins County Judge Robert Newsom had just finished his first county budget when he got a letter from TXDOT saying they needed more than $100,000 from the county for right-of-way purchases for phase three of a Highway 11 West improvement project from Commerce to Sulphur Springs. The story has a happy ending as TXDOT agreed to use left over county right-of-way funds from the Highway 154 South project on Highway 11 West. Phase three of four phases should begin soon.
Home » Local Business News » “Updated” County Requires No Additional Funding for Right of Way Purchases on Hwy 11
- Tuesday Game Day Has Wildcats Basketball On The Road And Lady Cats At Home
- Wildcats Varsity Football Game At Forney Friday Canceled After Jackrabbit Virus Issues
- Two Kilograms Of Suspected Methamphetamine And A Stolen Firearm Found During SH 11 Traffic Stop
- Morning Jury Duty Cancelled For Dec. 7
- Steel For the New Grays Building Being Installed At Pacific Park
- Blue Santa’s Drive-Thru Open December 1 til 7pm on WalMart Lot… Toys and Donations Needed!