Hopkins County will have to pick up the costs of attorneys for one of two men indicted for capital murder in what are expected to be a death penalty cases. County Judge Robert Newsom said an insurance policy would pay for attorneys for Cody Scott Shaw of Emory. The policy will not cover co-defendant Patrick Wayne McMahan of Sulphur Springs. The cost could be in the hundreds of thousands of dollars. The men were indicted December 8. DA Will Ramsey has said he will seek the death penalty against both men. They are accused of murdering 66-year old Gary Maynard at his home.
- Paris Junior College Dual Credit Student Opportunities Growing, Regents Learn
- Wildcats and Lady Cats Basketball Teams Have a Big Month Scheduled in December
- Trading Post for November 27, 2020
- Butch McIllwain
- Tira City Council Scheduled to Meet Dec. 7
- North Pole Of Texas Continues 22-Year Tradition Of Free Train Rides